Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AsRock 970 Pro3 freezing

ibracadabra09 is offline Junior Member

Default AsRock 970 Pro3 freezing

Hello, i need help, my Windows 7 has random freezing with this motherboard, i tried to change my RAM from Kingmax 1600 to Kingston 1333, turned off Cool'n Quiet because I heard that can be a problem, BIOS is latest 1.60. I updated to latest chipset drivers and cleared CMOS this morning and for now is good but i want to know what is the problem? CPU is not overclocked, The rest of my PC components is GTX 460(from my old PC and never had problems on old motherboard) PSU Corsair CX400W, AMD FX 4100 with AC Freezer 64 Pro and Windows is original. Sorry for my English :D

Default Re: AsRock 970 Pro3 freezing

Hello and Welcome.

Have no fear. Your English is just fine.

My guess is clearing the CMOS is probably responsible for the "current' stability what with you implying "for now is good".

I have to go with that as you don't say what steps were followed at the time you switched the memory. So on just what you typed above the clearing most likely let the BIOS properly configure the new memory to its specs instead of running the the new memory at the old memory's specs.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

ibracadabra09 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: AsRock 970 Pro3 freezing

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Hello and Welcome.

Have no fear. Your English is just fine.

My guess is clearing the CMOS is probably responsible for the "current' stability what with you implying "for now is good".

I have to go with that as you don't say what steps were followed at the time you switched the memory. So on just what you typed above the clearing most likely let the BIOS properly configure the new memory to its specs instead of running the the new memory at the old memory's specs.
    I bought Kingmax 4gb 1600 memory with motherboard and i had freezing very often and after that i went to shop and change kingmax for kingston and it was good for some time and yesterday 1 and today one "freezing" and I updated chipset drivers from 12.3 to 13.1 and cleared CMOS today and for rest of day it was good but we will see how will motherboard and windows react for few days. But i'm out of idea. All other drivers are updated and graphic driver is 306.97. My memory timings are good it's on auto, and i think that Corsair CX400 is enough for this system. I heard that AHCI can be problem on some AMD chipsets,
    Last edited by ibracadabra09; 01-23-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Thread Information