Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel i7 Z77 Extreme6 - Fails to lauch AXTU

scn101 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Intel i7 Z77 Extreme6 - Fails to lauch AXTU

SOLVED! It was a problem with JAVA. I'm running the latest version of JAVA and in order to get AXTU to launch I had to clear the JAVA cache. I don't know why this worked but it did. After clearing the cache I reinstalled AXTU and it run without a problem.

You can check your JAVA version here:

How do I test whether Java is working on my computer?

You can clear your JAVA cache by following these directions:

How do I clear the Java cache?

I hope this helps.

On another note: Anyone know why I cannot get a new line in IE 10 when I press Enter? Nothing happens. This only happens in this forum, odd. I have to use Chrome to get CR/LF.

the_weeze is offline Junior Member

I tried to dump the Java cache and reinstall, but I get the same error as before. So no luck on my end (but thanks anyway).

Update: I've uninstalled both Java (all traces of it) and AXTU, cleaned the registry and c:\program files (x86) of any asrock extreme tuning utility folders or files, rebooted, and even reinstalled the 32-bit and 64-bit Java Runtime Environment 7u11 and AXTU, but no luck. I'm up for any other ideas, folks.
    Last edited by the_weeze; 01-28-2013 at 06:41 AM.

scn101 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by the_weeze View Post
    I tried to dump the Java cache and reinstall, but I get the same error as before. So no luck on my end (but thanks anyway).

Update: I've uninstalled both Java (all traces of it) and AXTU, cleaned the registry and c:\program files (x86) of any asrock extreme tuning utility folders or files, rebooted, and even reinstalled the 32-bit and 64-bit Java Runtime Environment 7u11 and AXTU, but no luck. I'm up for any other ideas, folks.
    You did everything I did and for me the last step, checking that Java was successfully installed and then clearing the Java cache worked. Sorry it did not work for you. I don't have any further suggestions, hopefully someone else might.

the_weeze is offline Junior Member

OK, I finally got AXTU to work. I received the following link from Asrock technical support to download version 0.1.299 (it's for the Extreme11 mobo): ASRock > Z77 Extreme11

I installed it and tried to run it, but I still got the same error. So, I went Control Panel and then to the Java console, and under General-->Settings-->Delete Files, I checked ALL of the boxes, including "Installed Applications and Applets" which was unchecked by default. I then went back and opened AXTU, and it opened normally. Thanks everyone for the feedback. What a weird error.

Joe-912 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by the_weeze View Post
    OK, I finally got AXTU to work. I received the following link from Asrock technical support to download version 0.1.299 (it's for the Extreme11 mobo): ASRock > Z77 Extreme11

I installed it and tried to run it, but I still got the same error. So, I went Control Panel and then to the Java console, and under General-->Settings-->Delete Files, I checked ALL of the boxes, including "Installed Applications and Applets" which was unchecked by default. I then went back and opened AXTU, and it opened normally. Thanks everyone for the feedback. What a weird error.
    Hi Thanks for posting I had the same problem and this fixed it for me, Java delete files.
    Well done!
    Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information