Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z77 Extreme6 1394 GUID are invaild in both CMOS and Flash

kda2 is offline Junior Member

Default Z77 Extreme6 1394 GUID are invaild in both CMOS and Flash

Hello, a few days ago I tried to update my BIOS to version 2.60 (using Internet Flash from UEFI). During the process, computer froze. I tried reflashing from bootable pendrive. This brought me endless bootloop (Dr. Debug didn't show error codes - strange).

Today I gave the BIOS chip to external programming in PC hardware service. Now computer runs but before boot, I see "1394 GUID are invalid in both CMOS and Flash". There's a lot topics in Google which I read. I found fwguid.exe utility. Unfortunately it quits with "Machine check error". I tried reseting CMOS and disabling 1394 in BIOS, this also hasn't helped.

Has anyone figured out this issue? It's really annoying to hit F1 every time I run PC. I bought all parts two weeks ago and couldn't use it for a week... I also would like to buy a new BIOS chip (to solve 1394 problem and in case of future flashing problems) but it's impossible to get it in Poland. Thank you for any kind of help.

Default Re: Z77 Extreme6 1394 GUID are invaild in both CMOS and Flash

Have you got solution? I made it too, after service visited, F1 appeared.

Thread Information