Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P67 Extrme 6 Intel, Giving error 36 or 62 and freezing.

Default Re: P67 Extrme 6 Intel, Giving error 36 or 62 and freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    wanna see how much pundemonium I can cause?
    The Punisher II

Coming to a monitor near you beginning on February 1st. ....... Or sooner. Tickets available now.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

kick is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dj_inseminator View Post
    Hi this is my first post so go easy on me.

Specs

ASRock P67 Extreme 6 1155
    i5 2500k
    8 GB Gskill 2133mhz
    Seagate Barracuda 2tb SATA 3 64MB Cache
    NVIDIA 7900GTX
    Jeantech 700w Modular PSU
    ASUS DRW B3ST Optical Drive

I built this PC myself and is by no means my first build, I did a breadboard setup and everything worked fine, put everything in the case and all was good.
    Pretty much every time I start up I get either 36 or 62 on the Dr Debug LED and my Graphics card fan goes on full.
    If I power cycle a few times the PC will load up and work for hours on end; until I shut it down.
    I just don't get why it freezes at post pretty much every time I load it up, No screen or anything.

Another thing is my System Panel header is acting weird, this is not a big problem but I would like to put the side of my case back on someday.
    My case power button works fine as I have tested it with another motherboard but when I connect it to the ASRock it will not work, I have tested the pins by shorting them with a screwdriver and they work fine. Very strange, and I have made sure I am connecting the cable to the right pins. This is driving me nuts as the pins are working and the power button is working but when together, they don't work Grrrrrrrrr lol

Debug Code 36 = CPU post-memory initialization. System management mode initialization
    Debug Code 62= Installation of South Bridge Run Time Services

This system is not overclocked yet as I would like it to run stable before I mess around with that.
    I have tried moving RAM outwards to inwards towards CPU and using only 1 module but to no avail.
    Bios is latest 2.10
    Removed everything apart from crucial components and still no use
    Its strange as it works fine when it does boot???
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

G
    I have the same system and funnily enough it was originally running with a jeantech 500w psu

PSU:

The jeantech higher end ones like 500+ did get good reviews altho not 80+ certified they were more like 75%

The 700w(blue) got particular mention.Not so much my 500w orchid.

My 500w one gave up after some 5 years..but I was running it in a dual psu format..ie I had a 300w psu connected up also to power a second gx card and a couple of ancillary fans.

The psu recommendations above ^ and I run an ocz 750w single rail ,for the sli and overclocking its probably needed.

I recently purchased a seasonic 560 which should be all my second system will ever need, (it only has one gx card slot!)

That is assuming it is the psu!

I mean it wouldnt be great if you buy a new psu and still have problems.
    Monitor the output voltages when you get into windows if they are within specs it may not be the psu.

----------------------------

The power header..if there is a posting probem,like above .let it try and post the 3 times or whatever you have it set for.
    I find that if you interrupt the cycle it doesnt like it .Are the plugs connected to the pins with the writing toward the cpu?

If the problem really is solely when you put the case cover on?and absolutely nothing happens or it just doesnt power on fully?
    Well what could it be..,The mbrd doesnt like the dark?

Three possibilities I can think of;

1.Incorrect seating of the gx card or memory..more likely the gx card..and when you tighten up the cover .slight flexing.

Mine(My second B3 board) was very sensitive on initial connection of components.it was like the pins needed a good "scratching" to get settled in and I had like 2 days of reseating,clearing cmos ,different debug codes etc before I got it working properly.
    Btw at this time I only had 1gx card and the jeantech 500w on its own..which was all I needed.

2.Is your cpu cooler touching the case cover when it goes on?.This could be another source of flexing.

3.possible flexing/shorting of the back of the mbrd on to the case(especially since everything worked ok out of the case).
    Get a thin sheet of cardboard,cut holes for the mbrd support pegs ,replace mbrd tighten everything up.
    If it works ok great.
    If you dont mind a bit of work, take it apart again and see if there are any small indentations on the cardboard.

-----------------------------------------
    Bios n ram:

What bios are you on? edit nm I see its 2.10
    What type of 2133mhz gskill is it?

In uefi load all the mbrd defaults..its in the last section,
    repost then do the minimum adjustments you need to boot to windows,changing storage to ahci from ide etc.
    Unless you have some keyboard/mouse connected to usb 3,disable legacy usb 3.

The memory..not knowing what type it is.
    Lets say its 1.5v 11-11-11-30 2133.

My mbrd doesnt like that timing (set in manually anyway)..why?

cos it sets the secondary timings on auto way too tight.

It sets them at 12,130,5,6,6,24,8 should be more like 16,150,7,8,8,35,8 at least until everything is working normally.

Give it 1.55v too just for stability.

Remember : Yoda 3 fingers only he has,use the Geforce he must.
    Last edited by kick; 01-31-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

I've seen a few situations where there was an incompatibility between some psu brands or models with some motherboard brands.
    I'm not an electronic whiz, but it makes sense to me that lower quality power supplies usually have lower power delivery quality, such as voltage stability, possible voltage surges, electrical noise (aka ripple), etc. When the psu and the motherboard are at normal operating temperatures, warm boots probably are fine most or all of the time.

I've seen many cases where a system will have some random stability issues and replacing the power supply can sometimes fix these issues. The psu, motherboard and video card all have voltage regulating circuits and you don't want any of these to have to work harder than normal because one or more of these components has "dirty" electrical power that is within spec, but varies considerably.

I always have all of my hardware connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) that also conditions the voltage from the wall so that voltage fluctuations are reduced or eliminated and no spikes can affect my hardware. Someday I hope to be as stable as my hardware.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

dj_inseminator is offline Junior Member

Ok, it's been a while but I have finally got round to buying a new PSU to try and cure this problem.
    I was looking at a Corsair AX860 but am worried about coil whine as it seems to be affecting a lot of people.
    Can anyone give me guidance/reassurance or an alternative.
    I want to get a premium PSU and the 7 year warranty is attractive but at that price i do not want high pitch noises.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

The Corsair AX760 and AX860 power supplies are made by Seasonic and are similar to the Seasonic SS-760XP and SS-860XP models.
    A Newegg member posted the following comment in the Seasonic SS-660XP review section:
    SS-660XP coil whine vs 660XP2
    The coil has been resolved in the new model designated with the XP2.
    I have not been able to confirm his statement.
    Even if this is true, some sellers might still have some older stock of the XP models and might not ship the XP2 models until they have sold out of the old stock.
    Many Newegg psu reviews for any high end model will often have a 10% one or two star rating, usually due to DOA units or units with coil whine. A five star rating is the highest and one star is the lowest.

The Seasonic USA website lists the XP2 models for the 80Plus Platinum models:
    and they also list the 860/1000 watt Platinum XP models: Seasonic USA 860/1000 watt XP 80 Plus Platinum Power Supplies

You can quickly find out who the OEM/ODM power supply manufacturer is at RealHardTechX PSU Review Database where you look up the brand/model name, such as Antec, Corsair, etc. where they also have links to psu reviews by model name. Antec, Corsair and many others use different OEM's for some of their models. XFX is the only vendor that I know of where all of their models are made by Seasonic. Keep in mind that some or most of the "nearly identical" models sometimes or often specify that the OEM use somewhat different (e.g. cheaper) components.

I recently bought an SS-660XP Seasonic psu from Newegg and received the newer XP2 model.
    This is the fourth Seasonic made psu in a row that I've bought and none of them have had any problems.
    Last edited by profJim; 03-22-2013 at 05:17 AM.
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers

parsec is offline Senior Member

The Corsair AX series is over priced IMO, and they are over sized to look impressive, some with 140mm fans.

I am also a big fan of Seasonic, that's all I use and I've retired my Corsair HX units for Seasonics.

You don't need a 860W PS for your current PC, unless you are planning on going to multiple video cards. I use Seasonic 660W and 760W Gold from their X series, which is more than enough when using one video card. These units are so efficient that the fans never run, they are designed that way, semi-fanless, fans run only if needed. Dead silent too, no coil whine.

I also have one of the new Platinum 660W Seasonics, and it is even more superb than the Gold units, according to tests. In use they just disappear, never the slightest glitch, the least of my worries in the PC.

Thumbs up Re: P67 Extrme 6 Intel, Giving error 36 or 62 and freezing.

Check out MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) Overclocking Results, post #85 to see how much power my system needed with a single GTX 460 video card. The System Watts column is how many A.C. watts my system required from the wall outlet to power everything, but does not include my LCD monitor. At idle my system used about 100 watts A.C. With a maximum stable video card o/c to 900 - 915MHz, total consumption rose to about 300 watts during the gfx stress test. With an SLI setup, the same test would draw about 500 watts A.C. With a 90% efficient power supply, the psu would need to deliver only 450 watts D.C. to my system, where 500 x 0.90 = 450 watts.

The general recommendation is that for extended periods of time (e.g. gaming) your power supply should only supply up to 80% of its rated output. This means that with a 660 watt psu, 660 x 0.80 = 528 watts D.C. is the maximum that your psu should deliver for extended gaming or application sessions. Most quality power supplies can safely deliver about 120% of their rated output for short periods of time.

I'm replacing my made by Seasonic Antec TP-750 TruePower New power supply with my new Seasonic SS-660XP2 in my SLI system. The Antec is an 80 Plus Bronze rated psu and the Seasonic is an 80 Plus Platinum rated unit that will be silent (fanless) most of the time and cooler running.

P67 Extrme 6 Intel, Giving error 36 or 62 and freezing.-80plus-en-chart-png
    Last edited by profJim; 03-22-2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: added review link

dj_inseminator is offline Junior Member

Thanks for all the responses everyone.
    Just a quick update, I decided on getting the Corsair AX860 as I got a decent price.
    There is some coil whine but only really noticeable if you put your ear next to the case, I have tinnitus anyway so it's nothing out of the ordinary for me.
    I can see why it would annoy people though.
    First boot everything worked fine.
    Turned it off and on again and still have the same problem.
    Changed my ram timings as suggested and still having the same issue.
    Always the same two codes on the debug.
    I am going to remove the motherboard completely tomorrow and try it out of the case to see if it's a flexing or shorting issue.
    I also have an old PCI graphics card I will try.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions if my above methods don't work?
    Could I just be unlucky and have a bad board?

Thanks again for the help
    Last edited by dj_inseminator; 03-29-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information