Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B75M-DGS No Power Up

billybobjcv is offline Junior Member

Default B75M-DGS No Power Up

New build - everything is new. Corsair PSU passes the paper clip test (PSU fan spins) and will also power-up a SATA drive with the paper clip in-place, but when I plug in the ATX 24 pin & CPU connectors, I get no power. PSU fan does not spin, CPU fan does not spin. I have tried with and without memory, re-seated CPU and checked for bent pins - I can't see anything wrong. I don't have another compatible motherboard or CPU, and the PSU seems to be working OK - is there anything else I can do to know if the mobo or cpu or both of them is bad?

Default Re: B75M-DGS No Power Up

Bummer. Sounds like it's time to pull it out and bench it out of the case. Only use the bare minimum HW wise when you do this.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

And FYI.

Lower right corner right above CHA_FAN1 is where your BIOS is located. It should have a white sticker on it with the BIOS version installed.

So long as it's a new MB and not an open box or other returned goods purchase you have, the BIOS rev printed on that sticker is what rev you have.

From the CPU Support List, the i3-2105(D2) is supported by All BIOS revisions.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

harleyman is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by billybobjcv View Post
    New build - everything is new. Corsair PSU passes the paper clip test (PSU fan spins) and will also power-up a SATA drive with the paper clip in-place, but when I plug in the ATX 24 pin & CPU connectors, I get no power. PSU fan does not spin, CPU fan does not spin. I have tried with and without memory, re-seated CPU and checked for bent pins - I can't see anything wrong. I don't have another compatible motherboard or CPU, and the PSU seems to be working OK - is there anything else I can do to know if the mobo or cpu or both of them is bad?

It almost sounds to me that your PSU is causing problems...

What make and Watts is it ?

Have you calcuitated your Amp needs for your complete system?

How many rails does it have? And how many Amps on the + rail does it run?

BTW.. DangerDen makes and sells for a few bucks a 24 pin jumper, which is much easier and safer than a paper clip...

Yeah, I am running it outside the case with just the mobo, CPU, CPU fan and PSU. I've tried it with and without memory. This is a 500 watt Corsair - it certainly should have plenty of power for this board.

FYI - little white sticker on bios says: B75M-DGS P1 10-18
    Last edited by billybobjcv; 02-01-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billybobjcv View Post
    Yeah, I am running it outside the case with just the mobo, CPU, CPU fan and PSU. I've tried it with and without memory. This is a 500 watt Corsair - it certainly should have plenty of power for this board.

FYI - little white sticker on bios says: B75M-DGS P1 10-18
    probably so... But Not ALL PSU's are created equal..

it may have three rails, and not supply enough power to kick the mobo off... Just a thought...

Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2 Features:

Ultra-quiet 120mm fan delivers excellent airflow at exceptionally low noise levels by varying fan speed in response to temperature
    80 PLUS Bronze certified
    0.99 Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power
    Complies with ErP Lot 6 European Union standard for low standby power consumption
    Universal AC input from 90~264V — No more hassle of flipping that tiny red switch to select the voltage input!
    Extra long fully-sleeved cables support full-tower cases
    Dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with the latest components
    Over-voltage and over-power protection, under-voltage protection, and short circuit protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components
    Three year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair’s legendary technical support and customer service
    Supports the latest ATX12V v2.3 standard and is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 systems
    Safety Approvals: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick
    Dimensions: 5.9"(W) x 3.4"(H) X 5.5"(L); 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 140mm(L)
    MTBF: 100,000 Hours

darn..I keep forgetting to put the 12 in my replies..

that is a good PSU..i doubt that is the problem..

Hmm..underlines....woops..sorry

Have you cleared the CMOS yet? Sorry i have forgotten everything that you said .. I had trouble with my new Extreme 3 board too getting it to post....

The current Builder CX500 V2 spec sheet at Corsair indicate 34A single rail. http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cms/...CXv2Manual.pdf
    I'd imagine that to plenty by what's in your System Specs here. ie: i3 cpu and on-board video

Is there ANY indication from/on any of the installed components you're using that when you press the power button that power is in fact being passed through to the board? Anything with lights that light up? Does the cpu fan just "bump over' slightly and is stopping?

Do you have an old video card(draws power from the slot) with a working fan that you can place in a slot to check that power is being distributed through the MB? Or anything else you can install that would easily indicate power is being applied?

When a HDD is connected, does it spin up?

!! Don't interpret this the wrong way, but is the CPU fan connected to and drawing its power from the proper CPU_FAN1 header? Double check that its connector is properly and squarely fastened to the CPU_FAN1 header?

parsec is offline Senior Member

How are you turning on the system? Power button on the board? I don't think your board has that feature. You can momentarily short the two PC power switch pins on the header for the case switch, LEDs, etc. The board will not start automatically when the PS is turned on.

You did not mention how you are starting the PC, and you said the board is not mounted in the case, so I'm covering everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information