Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 970 Extreme 3 SLOW Boot

harleyman is offline Junior Member

Default Re: 970 Extreme 3 SLOW Boot

Uh Ohhhhh...

Its having a few troubles now..

It ran well for a couple of weeks... And once started , its runs great....

lately its been not statring again...Several times She got the black screen, 'Windows failed To Start Numerious Times" or something like that...So.. I reset the BIOS to boot defaults again, That helped for a few days.. BUT

Now, Four times in 5 days it runs CheckDisk on boot up.. Then, it seldom starts windows properly after that scan, meaning that things dont start and run, like LAN or Virus, or IE9...

I ran diag on the BRAN new HDD..Its fine...its a 64Mb Cache Seagate 1T drive...

Yup..You guessed it...I am gonna have to move outta here again, cause she is pestering me to death saying..Now whats wrong, you built it ....Ha Ha IDK whats wrong.. Funky BIOS I tell her for lack of anything better to say.

So..is it a funky BIOS ? Its updated and works, at times...lol

Thanks

Time to peruse through Event Manager.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Yup...hey.. Can you please tell me just how to view and read that?? Its Vista 64

I mean I know where its located...But have no clue what I'm looking for...I looked, saw nothing that looked like it had to do with a boot up issue..

In the last hour it says it had a few events, but they mean nothing to me at all..

Thanks
    Last edited by harleyman; 03-02-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Er, um That's Event Viewer not Event Manager. Sorry.

Start > type in "Event Viewer' click on it from the presented list, and begin drilling down through the hierarchy list for errors.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Oh...yup..that makes more sense now...Duh...its Saturday and I'm not alive still...I was pounded first thing today to fix this for her...Yikes..i hid all the knives and scissors just to be safe...

I will run that now...thanks

Good grief...I typed in Event Viewer... it tossed me an error saying Windows could not fine "Event" WTF is that ???
    Last edited by harleyman; 03-02-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Meh, just try "event' that should work

I had Win7 on this machine and all was well..BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO She had to have her beloved Vista .... ughhhhhhhhhhhh Silly woman causing me all this headaches and such...

I am pretty shore you check every thing, but I had same problem becose my memory ( ddr3 ) wasn`t install properly. Small bit of dust was in one slot.

Well..I was gonna stay away and see how it doing for a few days.. BUT

Thie morning it failed to boot, running CHKDISK yet again.. it had bad files it said, and recovered orphaned files ..

I reset the bios boot order, and disabled UEFI , BUT, now it will not go into the BIOS at all. it just runs Device mapping table of the EFI shell.

No matter what i do, I cant run a windows repair, as I cant get it to boot off the DVD drive at all..That has been a problem all along too...My settings seem to always change for the boot order.

The wife is pissed...

I think i have to RMA this board, and hope that a replacement will fix this mess.. BUT..i really don't want this crappy board anymore...its been nothing but trouble.

I dumped Gigabyte for the last 3 builds for AsRock..Good guys here as far as support..

But i think this board is pure $%&# ..

Any ideas ??

I really want to upgrade this board to a better one, or at least a different one now..but I'm affraid I will have to just settle for a replacement and take a chance on it working as advertised.

So..lets sum up...NOTHINg i do will now get windows to load and start...gawd..my life as I knew it is now over...Their goes my Sunday..no peace in this house ...haha

UPDATE: MoBo is now 5 weeks old..newegg is going to take it back , and even pay shipping cause I'm so nice...haha not really...i spend lots there with them..

So..problam solved... The before mentioned WD HDD is good, tested in another comp...I am going to put in a new Corsair XP(I think) 600 Watt PSU pushing 46 amps on the single rail...its gonna be close, but has the power ..

Thanks for all your help..

I'm after a 990 board now...Although I don't care for ASUS anymore, I may try one, or MSI...Who knows..gonna read more reviews on the AsRock 990 first..

To bad their is no goos Legacy BIOS boards around to purchase....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information