Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Extreme6 BIOS Settings For Lite-On SATA Blu-ray BR/DVD/CD Burner ?

marccunn is offline Junior Member

Default ASRock Extreme6 BIOS Settings For Lite-On SATA Blu-ray BR/DVD/CD Burner ?

Hello:

I have an ASRock Extreme9 X79 and an ASRock Extreme6 X58.

On my Extreme6 X58, I just added a new Lite-On IHBS112-04 - OEM SATA Blu-ray BR/DVD/CD burner, but for some reason, it is not completely recognized by the BIOS.

The BIOS sees it, but I cannot get the tray to open so I can use it.

On the Extreme6 X58 I am running Windows XP Pro 32-bit with SP3 and all updates installed, 24G Kingston SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600), Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core, with a 500Gb WD IDE Main HDD and a Plextor PX-230A IDE CD.

So far, the Extreme6 has worked perfectly in all other aspects.

My new Lite-On IHBS112-04 - OEM SATA Blu-ray BR/DVD/CD burner works perfectly fine on one of my older ASUS P5WD2 Premium PCs, also running Windows XP Pro 32-bit with SP3 and all updates installed.

Since my P5WD2 Premium motherboard is about 8 years older than my Extreme6 X58, I cannot figure out why the Lite-On IHBS112-04 - OEM SATA Blu-ray BR/DVD/CD burner works perfectly fine on my ASUS P5WD2 Premium PC but not on the newer Extreme6 X58.

I can only guess that it must be something that I did wrong in the BIOS settings of my Extreme6 X58.

When I originally installed Windows XP Pro 32-bit on my Extreme6, I did not F6 any drivers during setup because I did not have a floppy drive hooked up as part of my original hardware configuration.

Maybe that was my mistake?

I will now dig up one of my old floppy drives so I can make floppies for the F6 drivers installation during Windows XP Pro setup and then do a completely new clean install of Windows XP Pro and F6 whatever drivers I can install.

Would any of you all know what exactly are the drivers I should install by F6, and where the latest versions of those drivers may be?

I assume that the proper F6 drivers for floppies might be the Marvell SE9128, the Marvell SE9120, the Intel ICH10R and the Intel RST ?????????

The drivers posted on the Extreme6 download page seem to be about 2 years old.

Are there any newer drivers available anywhere?

Do any of you all think that doing an F6 of those drivers during a clean install of Windows XP Pro might cure the mystery of why my new Lite-On IHBS112-04 - OEM SATA Blu-ray BR/DVD/CD burner works perfectly fine my older ASUS P5WD2 Premium PC, also running Windows XP Pro 32-bit with SP3 and all updates installed, but does not work on my Extreme6 X58?

Finally, assuming I do the F6 installation of those drivers, are there any special BIOS settings I would have to do to get my new Lite-On IHBS112-04 - OEM SATA Blu-ray BR/DVD/CD burner to work on my Extreme6 (or should I just use whatever the default BIOS settings may be?)?

Thank you all in advance for your consideration in providing any possible solutions to this mystery.

Marc

Default Re: ASRock Extreme6 BIOS Settings For Lite-On SATA Blu-ray BR/DVD/CD Burner ?

Quote Originally Posted by marccunn View Post
    On my Extreme6 X58, I just added a new Lite-On IHBS112-04 - OEM SATA Blu-ray BR/DVD/CD burner, but for some reason, it is not completely recognized by the BIOS.

The BIOS sees it, but I cannot get the tray to open so I can use it.
    That sound more like you're using a too long screw to fasten it inside the case.

BIOS and drivers have nothing to do with pushing the button on the front of the CD/DVD drive and having it open or close.

It's most likely a power issue or the screws as I mention above. Check using another power lead from the psu. Or outside the case w/o mounting screws.

It couls I guess be a tight squeeze in the case causing this too.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock Extreme6 BIOS Settings For Lite-On SATA Blu-ray BR/DVD/CD Burner ?

You might have a driver missing, but no need to install them via the F6 method. Just use the latest Windows .exe installation file. No need to reinstall. Device Manager will show you any missing drivers.

XP does not have an AHCI driver, which is then usually installed automatically, so who knows what driver you have on the Marvell SATA chipsets.

Could be what wardog mentioned too.

But, which SATA interface is that DVD drive connected to? If not on the Intel ICH10R SATA chipset, sometimes the Marvell interfaces don't "like" DVD drives (really ATAPI packet interface devices, like DVD drives.) A new Marvell driver might help with that, but not a guarantee.

Try that DVD drive on the Intel SATA ports, and check the screws too.

Thread Information