Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asrock z77 extreme9 problem management sli

Gabrix78 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock z77 extreme9 problem management sli

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    Page 26 in the motherboard user manual says:
    In CrossFireXTM mode or SLITM mode, please install the PCI Express
    x16 graphics cards in PCIE1 and PCIE5 slots. Both these two slots
    will work at x16 bandwidth.
    Is this setup causing the problem?
    What does GPU-z show for the Bus Interface for each card with this setup?

Attachment 5610

yes, mounted in the port pci-e 1 and 5 with bus 16x @ 16x

Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    Check the seating of the sli bridge also.
    I had to "jiggle" mine a bit for correct operation ,and I usually have to move it a little if I strip down the machine to get good contact on reassembly.

I do not think the sli bridge because I have disassembled and reassembled many times

dual is offline Junior Member

Hi mate,

Have exactly same problem as OP, in PCI-E slots 1 and 5 after a few minutes play game just hangs everything was working perfectly on my previous board (Z68 Extreme 4). I haven't tested it yet with single cards but will try PCI-E ports 2 and 7 to see if that relieves problem. Never had problem previously with these cards in other board so it really on leaves motherboard as everything else is the same. It seems like some sort of heat or hardware issue, I've also updated to latest bios (1.80) and problem continues and replaced SLI bridge etc. I will try connecting power to SLI/Xfire molex on board as previously suggested.

I will move my cards down to slots PCI-E 2 and 7 later today and advise.

Quote Originally Posted by dual View Post
    Hi mate,

Have exactly same problem as OP, in PCI-E slots 1 and 5 after a few minutes play game just hangs everything was working perfectly on my previous board (Z68 Extreme 4). I haven't tested it yet with single cards but will try PCI-E ports 2 and 7 to see if that relieves problem. Never had problem previously with these cards in other board so it really on leaves motherboard as everything else is the same. It seems like some sort of heat or hardware issue, I've also updated to latest bios (1.80) and problem continues and replaced SLI bridge etc. I will try connecting power to SLI/Xfire molex on board as previously suggested.

I will move my cards down to slots PCI-E 2 and 7 later today and advise.

Hello, you need to put in the pci-e 3 and 7, in this position now seems to go well

Yes, I've moved my cards to slot 3 & 7 and all is going well however slots 1 and 5 should work at 16x @ 3.0 as advertised. May not make use of there speed now however the next couple of generation of video cards might and I didn't spend $300.00 on a motherboard for nothing, I could of got 8x/8x from a board half the price. I believe it's either a bad PLX chip or some hardware incompatibility which could even be heat related as it seemed to of only hung after a few minutes of game play.

I will be dropping into a few forums to look for solution however if I can't find one I will be returning motherboard and asking for replacement.

Let me know if you find out anything.

Thanks

I agree with you, the boards must go to perfection in slots 1 and 5 as per specification, now I wait for the release of the new bios that should be in a few days and if I still have the same problems decide what to do, if I have new news I will know

Ok thanks, out of curiosity how do you know a new beta bios is being released soon? Have you contacted Asrock?

Also somebody in another post said try and increase the IO volatage in bios, didn't provide specifics in his post so not sure what he means by IO voltage, does make sense though, might give it a try when I get home even though I almost need to pull my PC apart just to move the cards around.

Just for record PC is has been running perfect in slots 3 & 7 for a few hours, no crashes even with one of the cards hitting nearly 85 degrees.

Thanks

Ok thanks, out of curiosity how do you know a new beta bios is being released soon? Have you contacted Asrock?

Also somebody in another post said try and increase the IO volatage in bios, didn't provide specifics in his post so not sure what he means by IO voltage, does make sense though, might give it a try when I get home even though I almost need to pull my PC apart just to move the cards around.

Just for record PC is has been running perfect in slots 3 & 7 for a few hours, no crashes even with one of the cards hitting nearly 85 degrees.

Thanks

IO voltage refers to?

Not to sure to be quite honest, logged a support call with Asrock. Don't get to hopeful personally just think there's a problem with the PLEX chip, running in ports 3 & 7 uses native 16 PCI-E lanes from CPU not PLEX Chip AFAIK and the same if you just use one card however I bet if you tried tri sli you would also have problems as you would then be using the PLEX chip/bridge.

Wonder how wide spread the problem is? There would have to be others out running sli tri sli or even quad with this type of board. Thats the only reason you would purchase board like this.

Let you know if anything surfaces.

Ohh by the way your suppose to get smoother performance in SLI using native CPU lanes as opposed to using PLEX Chip, interesting to see if this is case if I ever get the board fixed.

Cheers
    Last edited by dual; 02-12-2013 at 09:51 PM.

buzby is offline Junior Member

Not to sure to be quite honest, logged a support call with Asrock. Don't get to hopeful personally just think there's a problem with the PLEX chip, running in ports 3 & 7 uses native 16 PCI-E lanes from CPU not PLEX Chip AFAIK and the same if you just use one card however I bet if you tried tri sli you would also have problems as you would then be using the PLEX chip/bridge.

Wonder how wide spread the problem is? There would have to be others out running sli tri sli or even quad with this type of board. Thats the only reason you would purchase board like this.

Cheers
    I have another thread on this but am jumping in here as profJim recommended I have a look. Thanks Jim :)

I have a trip. GTX 590 set up on my Asrock Extreme9 which I cannot get to go quad because of a conflict between Slot 1 and 3. Interesting part is I was running fine with quad GTX 580 Classified moments before. I just swapped out to the GTX 590 and thought it would be a snap replacement of cards but what a surprise it was not! What changed? I actually have all four of the cards in with slots filled 1,3,5,and 7 but windows is only showing 3 video cards.

I did read somewhere here that maybe you could find success in using these slots by upping the voltage in the Bios and I am leaning toward that now as it is just too strange that I was able to use all 4 slots with 580's but moments later could not with 590's. Anyone know where I might be able to find the correct voltage setting to tweak in the bios?
    Last edited by buzby; 02-13-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information