Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASRock Game Blaster

Exclamation ASRock Game Blaster

I have bought a ASRock X79 Extreme9 which came with a ASRock Game Blaster.

Ethernet: Works
    Sound Blaster: Not Working

My problem is if I put the volume on my external speakers on the highest volume possible and the PC volume on 100% but, I can only hear a little bit of sound with some fuzziness when I place my ear against a speaker.

I bought the ASRock X79 Extreme9 on 7th Feb, 2013 and until late yesterday(9th Feb) after getting the rest of the items I started upgrading my system.

Now I am stuck with this audio issue.

Soo, at this moment theASRock Game Blaster is Not Unleashing My Maximum Gaming Audio Power at all.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock Game Blaster

What external speakers are you using?

Windows can be annoying and have more than one volume level setting. Look around in the Sound option in Control Panel, and see if you can find anything else to adjust.

Altec Lansing with seperate volume controller.

Thanks, ill will look in to that, cheers.

tatsu is offline Junior Member

I have a similar problem though I have a 5.1 sound system asrock extreme 6/GB that comes with the game blaster on a windows 8 harddrive that I moved over from the previous system since windows 8 allows that, lan works out of the box on it (I installed driver anyways) but out of the two sound blaster drivers available on the site (win 7 and win 8) neither will accept to install. they just say the device isn't there. its also obvious the device is not detected as when I plug in a jack the available devices do not update in "Playback". I've also tried on the spdif port wich I used on my xonar DG before, no cigar.

parsec is offline Senior Member

You'll need to be more specific about your board besides, "asrock extreme 6/GB", there are many ASRock boards that are Extreme 6 models, unless you expect us to look through all of them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    You'll need to be more specific about your board besides, "asrock extreme 6/GB", there are many ASRock boards that are Extreme 6 models, unless you expect us to look through all of them for you.
    this one : ASRock > X79 Extreme6/GB this is the first link Google came up with when I typed "extreme 6/gb" believe it or not the '/gb' part turns the possible results down to 1.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

We need detailed information about ALL OF THE HARDWARE in your system.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs portion of your
    forum profile http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile.php?do=editprofile at the bottom of the
    profile page or in your forum signature http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile....=editsignature.
    Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.

Last edited by tatsu; 04-27-2013 at 11:31 PM.

My graphics is currently occupying the bottom PCIex16 slot, the Game blaster is in the middle in the PCIe slot and the Revodrive is in the topmost PCIex16 slot, I'm going to move my graphics card up a slot, closer to the Game blaster (there is one free PCIex16 slot in between the two) and see if freeing up the bottom slot will allow the motherboard to configure the one the graphics card is in to x16, currently I am only able to select x4 and x8. I'm wondering if slot distribution could somehow be linked to the problem.

EDIT:
    I also wanted to highlight that the Lan is on this same card and hence passing through the PCIe slot so only a part of the card is not detected, once again the Game blaster game driver installs without problem whereas the Gameblaster audio one fails

EDIT # 2:
    I've ripped the driver CD (with the latest poweriso) into Iso from my sister's laptop and sent it over through HomeGroup and the disk is dysfunctional (or simply incompatible with windows 8), the exe is supposed to line up all drivers found and perform the installations yet it finds none, however this means I am in posetion of the right drivers. Is it possible for me to use the files I have to install the drivers? they are each a combination of the .cat .inf .dll and .sys formats. in folders for each driver. I know in the old times this used to be the way people installed drivers.

Found this: PnPUtil Command Syntax (Windows Drivers)

I will wait for your green light

EDIT # 3:

I've gone into devices and priter and found my PC had a warning on it I decided to troubleshoot and it suggested a fix for PCI sound devices I went ahead but the fix could not be applied apparently there is no driver yet here's the report :
    PrintDevices and Printers Publisher details

Issues found
    PCI Simple Communications Controller doesn't have a driverPCI Simple Communications Controller doesn't have a driver
    There is no driver installed for PCI Simple Communications Controller. Not fixed Not Fixed
    Apply solution for driver problem Completed
    Install a driver for this device Completed

Problem with PnP devicesProblem with PnP devices
    There are problems with some PnP devices. Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot these devices. Detected Detected
    Potential issues that were checked
    Windows Update configured to never install driversWindows Update configured to never install drivers
    Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update. Issue not present

Issues found Detection details

6 PCI Simple Communications Controller doesn't have a driver Not fixed Not Fixed

There is no driver installed for PCI Simple Communications Controller.
    InformationalDevice information
    Name: PCI Simple Communications Controller
    ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3A&SUBSYS_1D3A1849&REV_05\3&115 83659&0&B0
    Error code: 28

Apply solution for driver problem Completed

Follow the instructions in the solution to address the driver problem.
    Install a driver for this device Completed

The driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller is not installed. Install the latest driver for the device.

Problem with PnP devices Detected Detected

There are problems with some PnP devices. Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot these devices.

Potential issues that were checked Detection details

Windows Update configured to never install drivers Issue not present

Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.

Detection details Expand

Collection information
    Computer Name: LEPCTATSU
    Windows Version: 6.2
    Architecture: x64
    Time: 26 April 2013 17:33:08

Publisher details Expand

Devices and Printers
    Troubleshoot problems with devices and printers.
    Package Version: 2.0
    Publisher: Microsoft Windows
    Devices and Printers
    Troubleshoot problems with devices and printers.
    Package Version: 1.0
    Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
    Hardware and Devices
    Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.
    Package Version: 1.1
    Windows Network Diagnostics
    Detects problems with network connectivity.
    Printer
    Find and fix problems with printing.
    USB
    Troubleshoot problems with a USB device
    Last edited by tatsu; 04-27-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    CPU 3930-K (4.6 clock)
    MB ASrock Extreme6/GB (P1.30-15C)
    RAM G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz (9-11-11-31)
    Graphics GTX 560 TI direct CU II TOP (just installed beta 320.00)
    Main HD REVODRIVE X1 128GB (internal Raid0)
    Lan & Sound Game Blaster (part of the Extreme6/GB kit and currently refusing audio driver on fresh windows install)
    OS Windows 8 64bit (everything is 64bit were I could manage it, all drivers and all apps I use)
    Cooling H100 with Indigo extreme (successful burn), G.Skill ram fans (will change when mounted into case)
    other HDD N1 : Maxtor 150GB 3600t/m(old system, problem reproduced); N2 : Seagate Tera 7600t/m; N3 :Seagate duotera 7600t/m
    optical drive None, haven't had one since 2010, I've never felt the need to put one back in
    PSU NZXT HALE90+ 850W
    Case NZXT Phantom White with one extra top 200mm fan
    Monitors Samsung SyncMaster B2330H /B2330HF and one BenQ FP91G+ plus another FP91G+ that I'll plug in

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Technically the model name of your motherboard is X79 Extreme6/GB.

Your windows 8 problem probably is related to running bios version 1.30.
    According to ASRock > X79 Extreme6/GB - bios downloads, bios version 1.90 is the first versions that says "Support Windows 8." Version 2.10 is dated 2 weeks later with some additional updates.

I'm not familiar with X79 boards, but it sounds like you need to flash your bios to 1.90 or 2.10 and then make sure that all of the windows 8 drivers and software is properly installed. I think that using Instant Flash is the safest way to flash your bios. Make sure that you first read the How To Update bios instructions on the bios download page for the appropriate bios method and post if you have any questions. If you follow the instructions, you shouldn't have any bios flashing problems.

Nice job doing your PC Specs, it makes it much easier for us to confirm your hardware setup.
    I suggest that you add the model name/number for your memory kit to your PC SPecs.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information