Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: NEW Build -FM2A85X Extreme 4 & GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2x4gb

pw2much is offline Junior Member

Default NEW Build -FM2A85X Extreme 4 & GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2x4gb

I have just started a new build with the extreme4 and I ordered the GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR memory before checking out the memory support list, and now that I have I don't see my memory listed. does that mean that that memory will not work for this motherboard? I've been picking my parts for the build at Pick Parts, Build Your PC, Compare and Share - PCPartPicker and they have a compatibility feature that says there are no compatibility issues with the parts that I have picked. So far I just have the motherboard and the cpu and the memory is on it's way. Can someone verify if that memory can or cannot be used???

Default Re: NEW Build -FM2A85X Extreme 4 & GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2x4gb

First, don't rely on PCPartPicker for compatibility.

Second, from the posts here on TT I'd say the A85 chipset is pretty forgiving concerning the memory used. Within reason to run at the rated speed anyways. I wouldn't expect 2400 to run at 2400 but your 1866 shouldn't be a problem. You might need to make a tweak or two.

Hopefully you'll get a more definitive reply from another User here or the post you made in the G.Skill section
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

pw2much is offline Junior Member

Default Re: NEW Build -FM2A85X Extreme 4 & GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 2x4gb

Thank You for your input and I suspect the same but surety is the best answer so I'll wait until someone has definitive proof.

Thread Information