Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First build completed - help required re internal speaker and temp monitoring

Default First build completed - help required re internal speaker and temp monitoring

Hi, I've just completed my first build and have encountered two issues:

1. The internal speaker does not appear to work - I can't hear any beeps at POST etc.

2. The temperature monitoring seems too low - ASRock extreme tuner, SpeedFan and Core Temp all say the cores are currently 20C and 43C when being stress tested using Prime95. Surely this is too low.

I would appreciate and help/advice.

Thanks

Mark

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Enermax ETS-T40-TB 86.7 CFM CPU Cooler
    ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case
    OCZ OCZ600MXSP-UK ModXStream Pro 600W Power Supply

Default Re: First build completed - help required re internal speaker and temp monitoring

Hi Mark, and Welcome.

1. The MB, and your case far as I can tell, doesn't have an internal speaker. So unless you yourself plugged a 3rd party speaker onto the board ........ And since IIRC Vista, Windows itself won't beep/report on the MB header anymore.

2. Stock speed or are you overclocking? Too, temps are relevant to whatever your ambient is. In just now reading some reviews of your cooler, depending on what your ambient is, at stock speeds I could almost believe what you're seeing. I might consider it somewhat low, and it too could be a BIOS reporting issue that, not having your specific MB, I wouldn't be aware of.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Default Re: First build completed - help required re internal speaker and temp monitoring

Many thanks for the reply.

The MB came with a small speaker in the same bag as the cable ties so I connected it to the header on the MB. It is similar to this - APEVIA Model CVTCSPK - Newegg.com

I'm running at stock speeds and the ambient temp was pretty low around 18-19 C.

Ambient @ 19C ???

Brrrrrr
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Definitely accurate, I've a digital thermometer in the room. I live in Scotland - 19C is warm for here! :)

kick is offline Senior Member

The speaker.
    I dont have one connected myself either,now so no opinion.

The temps
    lets see 5c outside 16.8 in the room ..yeh its a little chilly here too!,
    I have read 20-22 is a comfy pc room temp,depends on what your used to, cpu 24(idle)at 1600mhz mbrd 24 idle,
    cpu even at idle has more v than if I was running it stock
    gx cards are at 32.3,that should be gx card,near the vrms on one of them.the gpu temps are running 26 and 27.(was running metro 2033 for a lil while earlier). Memory sticks are at 23.1 and 26.4 respectively.

20c stock and 43 under prime..as war says sound entirely possible,the cpu is supposed to be quite effircient at stock.
    Set your cpu fan at automatic lvl 5 then put a temp of 50c on as the trigger point for fan full speed and rerun prime, see how the temp goes.

You might even have to clock the cpu up to 4.2/4.4 to get it to work as a room heater,( which mine does at times )
    Last edited by kick; 02-12-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Thanks, I have the 2 chassis fans set to 1 and the CPU Fan @ 5 as you suggested. Here is the results after 10 mins:
    Attached Images Attached Images First build completed - help required re internal speaker and temp monitoring-tweak-png 

What can I say we live in a cold climate

Your cpu is more efficient certainly at low clocks,but until you do "turn it up" there is no point in having other than the intel cooler on it.
    I mean Imsure youwill be tweaking around to see what it will do and then the extra 10C cooling at hi temps you get from an aftermarket cooler will kick in.

Right now tho..heres mine limited to 3.3-3.7 peaks of 50c...oh lummie the asrock temp switch even if set for 50c doesnt kick in until there has been a continuous temp in excess of 52-53 for a min or so..its not like an on off switch.

Bear in mind my pc has been running hot for awhile before this screenshot when I clocked itdown to standard.
    Its all about the volts and the power(w) to get it hot.
    Not that we want that..but volts in and around 1.1 or power consumption of 50w for the package wont get things hot in prime.

First build completed - help required re internal speaker and temp monitoring-3-3-3-7-jpg
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

With a 4.8+cpu speed in prime you will get some exhaust room heat
    Your cpu..I dont know what it will do at reasonable volts and temps ..but get it going at 4.4+ and you will see some heat.
    Note the voltage and package power consumption.

First build completed - help required re internal speaker and temp monitoring-4-8-jpg
    Last edited by kick; 02-12-2013 at 04:24 AM.
    Current Systems:

Thanks for the advice, I'm a noob when it come to OC so I'll have to make sure I know what I'm doing first.

In my screen grab the max temps for CPUTIN etc are hitting over 100C - that can't be good/accurate!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information