Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RAM issues

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: RAM issues

Heh yeh thas why I posted
    "Your Windows home edition,what version is it? the full description?" but gave the benefit of the doubt ,I had the urge to waffle on
    Last edited by kick; 02-13-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

helpame is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    Heh yeh thas why I posted
    "Your Windows home edition,what version is it? the full description?" but gave the benefit of the doubt ,I had the urge to waffle on
    Sorry yes i have home Premium but i also have professional on the wife's computer that we can switch around if need be but I thought premium would work

kick is offline Senior Member

Yeh 7 premium 64 should be ok,
    Any progress or is it different memory time? I wouldnt wait too long if things arent working out.Did you consider 2 sticks of 8? or even just 8G total?

Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    Yeh 7 premium 64 should be ok,
    Any progress or is it different memory time? I wouldnt wait too long if things arent working out.Did you consider 2 sticks of 8? or even just 8G total?
    i have not tried to mess with that yet... im pretty novice at that to be honest so im a little timid... i dont want to ultimalty **** the computer up and if i could get the 2 sticks to run at 2133 i would b a little more happier but i really wanna run 16 gigs well run what i bought ya know

For me myself and I, IMO, and using what you have, if I could get it running 1600 and not have to go through the hassles of returning it, I myself would.

Unless you're into synthetic benches, the real world gains are negligible between 1600 and 2133. Not saying there isn't a gain, only that it's not what one would expect.

And as kick alluded to, four sticks at 2133 on SB will take some doing. Timing and most likely voltage wise. At 1600 1.5v you'd get some tight timings.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    For me myself and I, IMO, and using what you have, if I could get it running 1600 and not have to go through the hassles of returning it, I myself would.

Unless you're into synthetic benches, the real world gains are negligible between 1600 and 2133. Not saying there isn't a gain, only that it's not what one would expect.

And as kick alluded to, four sticks at 2133 on SB will take some doing. Timing and most likely voltage wise. At 1600 1.5v you'd get some tight timings.
    ya if i could get em to work at 1600 id b happy

Quote Originally Posted by helpame View Post
    So i have been having issues with my RAM
    Patriot Viper Xtreme Series, Division 2 Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model PXD38G2400C11K

I looked and it seems that the board is not compatible with the RAM my computer runs the RAM but only sees the first two sticks not the other 8 gigs and also only runs it @1066 or 1333.... is there anything i can do beside buy new ram

Thanks in advance
    You do know that no memory runs at its clock, all memory will underclock until you set it.

As for your pic, it is set to XMP, so the memory is running at 2400.

Did you run the board with one stick at a time, have you swamped them around ? I would.

Can you post one shot of the memory tab (page), not the SPD page.

**** After you installed the new sticks, did you run windows experience index, if not you need to.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 02-14-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helpame View Post
    ya if i could get em to work at 1600 id b happy
    Post the Memory tab of CPU-Z and let's have a looksee at what the BIOS is doing with 'em.

And are you comfortable or uncomfortable with taking them off XMP and instead setting them manually?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Post the Memory tab of CPU-Z and let's have a looksee at what the BIOS is doing with 'em.

And are you comfortable or uncomfortable with taking them off XMP and instead setting them manually?
    The SPD/EXT shows his BIOS is running XMP 1.3, that means it should be running at 2400.

"should be" You don't exactly sound certain there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information