Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RAM issues

Default Re: RAM issues

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    "should be" You don't exactly sound certain there.
    Ok ok, yes it is. If you look at SPD, there are all jedec, except for one XMP, the EXT shows as 1.3, this means that the profile is XMP running, which his XMP shows 2400, he should have more then one XMP profile, but its only showing
    one. Which is weird. But because the XMP 1.3 is stated as EXT, this tells us he is running at 2400.

As for the missing RAM, I don't know, but he has win 7 64, which can handle 8g, so there is no reason, he needs to run each stick separately, then put them back if each stick is ok, then he has to run windows experience index, then check
    MY computer/ properties. It should show 8g memory.

Just like you said, he needs to post a pic of the memory tab just to make sure he is running at 1200Mhz, DDR, Double data rate, that's why you only see half under DRAM.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 02-14-2013 at 09:20 AM.

helpame is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    Ok ok, yes it is. If you look at SPD, there are all jedec, except for one XMP, the EXT shows as 1.3, this means that the profile is XMP running, which his XMP shows 2400, he should have more then one XMP profile, but its only showing
    one. Which is weird. But because the XMP 1.3 is stated as EXT, this tells us he is running at 2400.

As for the missing RAM, I don't know, but he has win 7 64, which can handle 8g, so there is no reason, he needs to run each stick separately, then put them back if each stick is ok, then he has to run windows experience index, then check
    MY computer/ properties. It should show 8g memory.

Just like you said, he needs to post a pic of the memory tab just to make sure he is running at 1200Mhz, DDR, Double data rate, that's why you only see half under DRAM.
    Here is the pic you guys are requesting, and again to be honest i am very very novice in this RAM and most of the stuff you guys are talkin about is blowing my mind if anyone is willing to baby step me through it. it would be awesome if not i understand
    Attached Images Attached Images RAM issues-mem-png 

Quote Originally Posted by helpame View Post
    Here is the pic you guys are requesting, and again to be honest i am very very novice in this RAM and most of the stuff you guys are talkin about is blowing my mind if anyone is willing to baby step me through it. it would be awesome if not i understand

*** hold off on this *** You need to go into the BIOS and set XMP to on, if you are not sure, post the mobo model so someone can look at the BIOS, but the memory does have XMP, so it should have a setting.

But right now you are running at 1300, and also showing only dual when it should be showing quad.

I would remove all sticks and run each one, if they all work, put them back, swap them around if you remember where they are, then replace all, then set XMP in BIOS, then run windows experience index and check my computer/properties.

I would do the second because your only showing two sticks, you can worry about the speed after.

Baby steps--

Remove all the sticks, put in one, you need to look at your manual to know where one stick is placed, then boot with each different stick, if they all work, put all back, then run windows experience index and see if you show 8g memory.

*** hold off on this *** You need to go into the BIOS and set XMP to on, if you are not sure, post the mobo model so someone can look at the BIOS, but the memory does have XMP, so it should have a setting.

But right now you are running at 1300, and also showing only dual when it should be showing quad.

I would remove all sticks and run each one, if they all work, put them back, swap them around if you remember where they are, then replace all, then set XMP in BIOS, then run windows experience index and check my computer/properties.

I would do the second because your only showing two sticks, you can worry about the speed after.
    ya that was the orginal post for some reason it only shows 2 sticks the mobo is an asrock z77 extreme 3

Real sorry, I didn't see you only have 2 4g sticks.

You are showing dual, so you should have the 8g

Are you sure you have placed both sticks into these slots- A1, and B1. if you have the two sticks in these slots, and you only show 4g you need to move them to A2 and B2, if you read the manual A2 and B2 are more stable for overclocking in A2 and B2.

Plus this might show the 8g, and you want to run XMP to get the clock up to 2400.

This is from your manual -For optimal compatibility and stability while overclocking memory
    frequency, it is recommended to install one memory module on
    DDR3_B2 slot or two memory modules on DDR3_A2 and DDR3_
    B2 slots.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 02-14-2013 at 12:48 PM.

I should have let these other guy's help.

The first post say two, but then I see four, unless you have 4 sticks that are 4g each and were in a kit together, you are going to have problems on win 7 home pre.

Where all four sticks in a kit, or were they two stick kits ?

Even if the were the same model but not in a kit, with all four, you can have problems.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 02-14-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Real sorry, I didn't see you only have 2 4g sticks.

You are showing dual, so you should have the 8g

Are you sure you have placed both sticks into these slots- A1, and B1. if you have the two sticks in these slots, and you only show 4g you need to move them to A2 and B2, if you read the manual A2 and B2 are more stable for overclocking in A2 and B2.

Plus this might show the 8g, and you want to run XMP to get the clock up to 2400.

This is from your manual -For optimal compatibility and stability while overclocking memory
    frequency, it is recommended to install one memory module on
    DDR3_B2 slot or two memory modules on DDR3_A2 and DDR3_
    B2 slots.
    my main concern right now is to get all 16 gigs to show up... it only reads the first set of sticks... they are dual sticks and both sets of sticks are in the correct slots

I should have let these other guy's help.

The first post say two, but then I see four, unless you have 4 sticks that are 4g each and were in a kit together, you are going to have problems on win 7 home pre.

Where all four sticks in a kit, or were they two stick kits ?

Even if the were the same model but not in a kit, with all four, you can have problems.
    i was under the impression windows home premium allowed up to 32g? 16g***
    Last edited by helpame; 02-14-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helpame View Post
    my main concern right now is to get all 16 gigs to show up... it only reads the first set of sticks... they are dual sticks and both sets of sticks are in the correct slots
    If you didn't buy a kit of 4 sticks together this could cause the problem.

With four sticks it doesn't matter where they are, you have four slots.

I would still check either one stick, or two if you remember which two were in a set. Make sure that all are ok.

Then swap them around, but mark two in a set if you remember which one's were in a set.

Once they are all back and you know they all work, run windows experience index. Then look under my computer/properties and see how much it say's for memory.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information