Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RAM issues

Default Re: RAM issues

Quote Originally Posted by helpame View Post
    i was under the impression windows home premium allowed up to 32g? 16g***
    Yes, didn't mean to throw you.
    win 7 home basic 64- 8g max

win 7 home premium 64- 16g max.

helpame is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    If you didn't buy a kit of 4 sticks together this could cause the problem.

With four sticks it doesn't matter where they are, you have four slots.

I would still check either one stick, or two if you remember which two were in a set. Make sure that all are ok.

Then swap them around, but mark two in a set if you remember which one's were in a set.

Once they are all back and you know they all work, run windows experience index. Then look under my computer/properties and see how much it say's for memory.
    ive done all of the above minus windows experience index

Now run windows index, reboot, see what you have.

If you did this, all sticks work, you run index, you only show 8g, its because this was not a kit of 4 stick together.

**** Go to the tweaker page in you BIOS, scroll down till you see( DRAM Timing Configuration ) Load XMP Setting
    Use this to load XMP setting. Configuration options: [Auto], [Default], [Profile
    1] and [Profile 2]. The default value is [Auto].

You should see what profile 1 and 2 is, should show 2100, or 2400, if not, set profile 1, save BIOS change, then reboot into windows and check the memory tab, remember it shows half, so if you see 1200, its running 2400,

they try profile 2 and check.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 02-14-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Real sorry to all the guy's helping.

I should have stayed out, I think I made more confusion then helping.

Please accept my apology.

WARDOG- you were right I was wrong, I assumed EXT 1.3 was set. This only shows that the memory is XMP, doesn't mean its running.

The BIOS profile must be set, and then check DRAM to make sure of the speed.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 02-14-2013 at 01:42 PM.

I should have let these other guy's help.

The first post say two, but then I see four, unless you have 4 sticks that are 4g each and were in a kit together, you are going to have problems on win 7 home pre.

Where all four sticks in a kit, or were they two stick kits ?

Even if the were the same model but not in a kit, with all four, you can have problems.
    yes they were 2x4 g sticks in two different boxes with two different serial numbers =[

Real sorry to all the guy's helping.

I should have stayed out, I think I made more confusion then helping.

Please accept my apology.

WARDOG- you were right I was wrong, I assumed EXT 1.3 was set. This only shows that the memory is XMP, doesn't mean its running.

The BIOS profile must be set, and then check DRAM to make sure of the speed.
    ill take all the help i can get no need to be sorry man! i perciate =] the help where ever it comes from ill go in to bios here in a second and do what u just said

[QUOTE=odiebugs;450463]Now run windows index, reboot, see what you have.

If you did this, all sticks work, you run index, you only show 8g, its because this was not a kit of 4 stick together.

**** Go to the tweaker page in you BIOS, scroll down till you see( DRAM Timing Configuration ) Load XMP Setting
    Use this to load XMP setting. Configuration options: [Auto], [Default], [Profile
    1] and [Profile 2]. The default value is [Auto].

You should see what profile 1 and 2 is, should show 2100, or 2400, if not, set profile 1, save BIOS change, then reboot into windows and check the memory tab, remember it shows half, so if you see 1200, its running 2400,

they try profile 2 and check.

i checked under timing config and couldnt find anything saying load xmp settings ><

Hey Helpme :

I copied that right from your manual, there is no picture of the DRAM but it states- DRAM Timing config, your sure you posted the correct MOBO ?

Before you post back, look at CPUZ, look at the mainboard TAB, look at the BIOS section, what does it say for version ?

Here is the link to your mobo- ASRock > Z77 Extreme3

At the top of page 56, it state DRAM Timing config with XMP profiles.

Don't forget there is a slider bar to scroll down the page, you can't see all the options.

Let me know if I posted the right MOBO link.

I have never tried to take 2 sets of the exact same model and size and run, I have always gotten matched sets, I always make people buy matched sets, because they are paired and once you buy a set, down the road they can be discontinued, so its better to bite the bullet and get the most and matched when you build.

If they are the exact same two sets, I really can't believe it would throw them off, but I have no other explanation.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 02-14-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Hey Helpme :

I copied that right from your manual, there is no picture of the DRAM but it states- DRAM Timing config, your sure you posted the correct MOBO ?

Before you post back, look at CPUZ, look at the mainboard TAB, look at the BIOS section, what does it say for version ?

Here is the link to your mobo- ASRock > Z77 Extreme3

At the top of page 56, it state DRAM Timing config with XMP profiles.

Don't forget there is a slider bar to scroll down the page, you can't see all the options.

Let me know if I posted the right MOBO link.
    here is the mainboard page
    Attached Images Attached Images RAM issues-mainboard-png 

You have the newest BIOS update, I was hoping you had the first and you could update to a newer one and it would help, sorry.

Look around the BIOS under tweaker, you can click on any option, just don't change it, but this will help you get to know it, this way you can see if the XMP is under another heading or option.

Just above DRAM is GT Overclock support, its on page 55, it could just be the manual, check this, see if it has the DRAM config under it.

The BIOS is just like windows, in the sense you open a file, and there is another one, its an expanding file system, there is a main title, then you open it and see more options, for each main title they can have options, then each option can have a option list.

I don't have it in front of me so I can't look around, you have to, I can't remember what it looks like, I have only built your board for someone once, a while ago.

***** If you get bored and don't have a lot on this PC, you can take the pro disk if you have it, and just try pro and see if this does it, remember you can run win 7 for 30 days before she flags.

You can legally download win 7 pro, ultimate, but you are suppose to active it in 30 day's to keep using it.

This should not be the problem, windows that is,,,, but I can't believe see won't see 16g just because there not a matched pair, even though the manual does state they need to be.

Actually, I forgot all about how they didn't have a 4 stick in what model I wanted, so I have two sets of two also, I had to swap them around, but they work fine.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 02-14-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information