Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RAM issues

Default Re: RAM issues

If someone doesn't help with seeing 16g, I would send ASRock a email, tell them about the two sets, see what they say.

I sent them two, one was about how messed up the manual is, the other was to ask them to add the RST ROM to my BIOS. never heard a word back.

I have the X79 extreme 7, it has the RST-E RAID ROM, I wanted the RST for TRIM in RAID, the funny part is after modding my BIOS, wasting all the time extracting and injecting the ROM, the BETA BIOS has it added, all they had to say is we added it.

So who knows if they will reply, but you at least have to try.

kick is offline Senior Member

Lets go back a bit :)

1.Wardog was/is suggesting screenshots of cpuz spd and memory ,you only gave us screenshots of spd at first

The spd section shows the timings that are written on the memory modules,it doesnt tell anything about what speed and timings the memory is actually running at.

The memory tab in cpuz will show the speed the memory is running at at the time and the timings that are being applied.

2.There was a little bit of confusion about the screenshots of cpuz and 4 memory sticks working in 4 slots when you say only 8g is "seen".

How were you getting the memory to run at 1066 and 1333 ,you must have been changing some things in Uefi.

Give screenshots of your uefi settings

Get a usb memory stick put it into one of the front ports

post up and enter the uefi.

Go to the oc tweaker page,press f12 to put a screenshot on the usb stick.show dram voltage and xmp settings

enter the dram configuration setting page.do screenshots there too.

"number 5 needs input" ..

edit nm i see you have a "memory" shot up ,missed it at first() post screenshots of your uefi and maybe some of windows config too plz

how did you get either 1066 or 1333 running? did you change settings .Like 9-9-9-24 is a standard ddr3 and with a 2600k the board would pick that as the best option.

---------

Get a trial copy of AIDA 64.Download and install it
    Click on the memory modules in the hardware section
    Write down all the secondary timings..thats all the numbers and letters after the main timings

eg for jedec7 at 838(11-11-11-30 there will be a load of numbers n letters like trfc100 n so on

You only need to do this for 1 stick of memory

Armed with this info you should be rdy for phase 2.

Which is pull out one pair of the memory sticks,
    then run memtest on the two left in the board,at whatever speed you have them.
    Then see what is the best you can get one pair running at.
    After that,you /we can see about working on 4 sticks.

In the absence of more info there isnt much else to do.

You wont fup the board or memory unless you run some massive voltage thru.or inadvertently run a static charge thru something but without more information on the uefi setup/voltage and timings youre running now,its just guesswork.
    Last edited by kick; 02-14-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

A little confusing.

His memory is XMP, its running at 1333, he posted a memory tab, 667MHz I don't know if he found the XMP setting in the BIOS. As for CPUZ, I didn't get why all four slots show populated.

Just wanted to update you.

kick is offline Senior Member

Yeh Imissed the 1333 timings screenshot on first runthru.

To helpame:
    To get the memory to work at 1600 you will have to change things yourself .At a minimum you will have to enter the main timings.. in "dram configuration" section
    Try 10-10-10-29,leave the lower ones on auto.

exit that section

you are now out in oc tweaker section.

3 things to change here
    .xmp profile selector.if it shows one dont clik on it.set it to disable ,or auto if no disable option shows.
    dram voltage..dont leave it on auto..click on it and select 1.55 volts or whatever is the closest to that..it might be 1.545.
    memory speed..there should be 5 options when you clik on it..set it to 1600

Then hit f10 to save and load.

See what happens.

There are memory and how it works guides around..like theres a sticky in the gigabyte forum or you can google for memory settings and timings in general.
    Google your own memory see how people set it and if there are reviews.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

helpame is offline Junior Member

Thanks everyone for the speedy responses i will try everything and post pics later on today is the most overrated day in America or one of them.... so i must tend to the wifes needs ha

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information