Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z77 Extreme 4 bios 2.80 problem?

Default Z77 Extreme 4 bios 2.80 problem?

Has anyone had any issues after upgrading to the 2.80 bios? My machine will boot just fine during a cold boot, but if I reboot from Windows, it just sits on the first ASROCK screen and never proceeds. It never even initializes the hardware (mouse and keyboard do not light up).
    Any ideas???

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Z77 Extreme 4 bios 2.80 problem?

Read your post in the other thread about 2.80. What update method did you use? You may have a corrupted update, you should do the update again.

I like the Instant Flash method, with the BIOS file on a USB flash drive. But you can't get into the BIOS, can you? Have you tried clearing the CMOS with the button on the rear I/O panel?

You have 4 Beta BIOS, from april to Oct, this tells me that the L2.21 should have its bugs worked out.

I would install this Beta.

Install, set BIOS to default, reboot, set to default, reboot, then set BIOS, such as boot order, memory, drive modes, what ever you use.

Then boot into windows and run windows experience index.

Hey Par, hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Read your post in the other thread about 2.80. What update method did you use? You may have a corrupted update, you should do the update again.

I like the Instant Flash method, with the BIOS file on a USB flash drive. But you can't get into the BIOS, can you? Have you tried clearing the CMOS with the button on the rear I/O panel?
    I first had tried going to 2.7 using the exe from within windows. That update did its thing, rebooted, then hung. I let it sit for like 10 minutes, but gave up. I powered off and back on again and it went into the setup again and appeared to finish. Thats when the fun began. I can get into the bios by powering the machine completely off. It then boots correctly. I ended up going back into the bios, and running the update feature from there, which took me to 2.8. That update seemed to install without issue, but the problem of it hanging when I do a warm restart is still happening. I really dont know where to go from here. Thanks

Same problem here. I updated to 2.8 and since then the pc won't boot Windows 8 when the pc was turned off. The only way to get Windows to boot up is to enter the biso/uefi then save and exit... Very strange...

Thats really strange, because my problem is just the opposite of that. Let me know how (if) you resolve the issue. I have just been too busy too try and roll it back to an older version of bios.

Quote Originally Posted by youngmcse View Post
    Thats really strange, because my problem is just the opposite of that. Let me know how (if) you resolve the issue. I have just been too busy too try and roll it back to an older version of bios.
    It also won't boot when restarting the pc out of windows...

I've played around with the bios settings yesterday:

It's the FAST BOOT option! I set it to disabled and from then on the computer will boot windows (after a restart out of windows AND when it was switched off) every single time!

I don't know if this option was set by default to "Fast" after I updated to 2.8 or if I accidently did set it by myself...

Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick for me. It still hangs at the ASROCK screen when I do a reboot. Would you mind sharing what all of your settings are on the boot setup screen?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgeist View Post
    It also won't boot when restarting the pc out of windows...

I've played around with the bios settings yesterday:

It's the FAST BOOT option! I set it to disabled and from then on the computer will boot windows (after a restart out of windows AND when it was switched off) every single time!

I don't know if this option was set by default to "Fast" after I updated to 2.8 or if I accidently did set it by myself...
    Fast boot is disabled by default. I use UEFI/BIOS 2.80 on two of these boards, and it works fine for me. I also use Windows 8. Did you install Win 8 in UEFI mode, with at GPT formatted disk?

youngcsme, we have no details about your PC, what OS, etc, which makes it difficult to help.

Rale is offline Junior Member

2.80 and Windows 7 - works fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information