Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock extreme 6 x79 debug on number 68

matteostrac is offline Junior Member

Default Asrock extreme 6 x79 debug on number 68

Hi guys,
    Yesterday I'm going to turn on my pc but I have no feedback from monitor.
    I thought depended on the video card i put off the first videocard but inserting the second one the problem persists.
    Opening the case, I realized that debugging is fixed on number 68, what does that mean?
    I searched online but could not find the specific error.
    thanks in advance

Default Re: Asrock extreme 6 x79 debug on number 68

The manual is the best place to look for these codes. Either online like I just did or within the paper manual included inside the motherboard box.

0x68 - PCI host bridge initialization
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    The manual is the best place to look for these codes. Either online like I just did or within the paper manual included inside the motherboard box.

0x68 - PCI host bridge initialization
    So for solve the problem?

solved the problem debug 67
    Put off ram and video card :)

Now the motherboard support only dual channel mode and no more quad channel why? :(
    patriot black mamba 1600 mhz (32gb)

Quote Originally Posted by matteostrac View Post
    patriot black mamba 1600 mhz (32gb)
    And the 32GB memory kit p/n is ..............??

Please post two screen grabs from CPU-Z, one of the Memory tab and one of the SPD tab.

Also, check in the BIOS that it indeed set these sticks memory voltage correct, and that their timings are correct too.

As this is a mostly User to User support forum, so that we other Users here know what you have there system-wise, please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' and select Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

What slots are you placing these four sticks into? By the manual they should be in A1, B1, C1, and D1.

And unless told otherwise I will assume this is a single kit package p/n that consists of four matched 8GB sticks. ___ And NOT two kits that each kit package consisted of two 8GB sticks to get to 32GB.

Hello wardog, memories area of single kit and installed on the right slots a1 b1 c1 d1, right voltage and timings.
    As soon as I get home I make a screen

Resolved, I disassembled and reassembled several times the processor and than all work fine, also I removed the second graphics card but I dont think depended on it because removing both cards and turning on the pc the error continued to be reported. :)
    thanks for your help

Hi guys the problem is back now?Asrock extreme 6 x79 debug on number 68-cam00479-jpg

Thread Information