Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SATA devices connected, seen in BIOS but not in Windows XP (MY Computer), PC Wizard, etc

Nesbitt is offline Junior Member

Unhappy SATA devices connected, seen in BIOS but not in Windows XP (MY Computer), PC Wizard, etc

Hi ASRock Forum,

I have an IDE Hard Drive running Windows XP Pro SP2. My Motherboard is an ASRock ConRoe XFire eSATA 2. When I plug in my SATA Hard Drive or my new DVD-RW Drive, they can be seen in the BIOS but are not seen in My Computer or even using PC Wizard.

Hope you can help,

Thanks, Nesbitt

WillyG is offline Junior Member

Default Re: SATA devices connected, seen in BIOS but not in Windows XP (MY Computer), PC Wizard, etc

Did you try the windows XP Computer Management Console? check under storage. If they appear in their you can correct the problem.

Good Luck

Nesbitt is offline Junior Member

Default Re: SATA devices connected, seen in BIOS but not in Windows XP (MY Computer), PC Wizard, etc

Got it sorted, problem was with my wireless keyboard, wouldn't allow me to change all that I needed to in the BIOS. Plugged in my wired keyboard and got access with it. Thanks for your assistance WillyG.

Cheers, Nesbitt

WillyG is offline Junior Member

Great to hear!

Thread Information