Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z77 Professional Fatl1ty unable to install Wi7 or Win 8 UEFI

fireberd is offline Junior Member

Default Z77 Professional Fatl1ty unable to install Wi7 or Win 8 UEFI

I have an MBR formatted hard drive and Win 8 Pro 64 bit installed and works OK. I would like to convert to UEFI, but cannot get past an error when rebooting.

I've formatted the 750 GB WD hard drive, with Win 8 to GPT with the correct partitions and then install. At the first reboot during the install it halts with "Your PC needs to be repaired. The OS coudn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or containst errors. File:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe Error Code 0xc0000221". Running the repair from the Win 8 install disc it reports it cannot be repaired.

As Win 8 failed (tried numerous times), I tried Win 7 64 bit and after it installed, the first boot it also halts with an error and cannot be repaired.

I have Acronis and have created both an Acronis, Linux version, recovery disc and a WinPE/Acronis recovery disc. I have both an Acronis 2012 Linux version and an Acronis 2013 Linux version discs. Both will boot but the display is garbarge and unreadable. The WinPE/Acronis disc loads without problems and I can backup/restore and format a hard drive to either MBR or GPT.

I've been on the Windows 8 forum and everything suggested or listed has not helped to get Win 8 installed under UEFI.

I upgraded to BIOS V1.60 and that did not help. "load UEFI defaults" in the BIOS did not help.

Right now it is back up operating on the 750GB WD hard drive formatted with MBR and restored via my Acronis backup.
    Last edited by fireberd; 02-23-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Thread Information