Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H61M-HVS "This computer does not meet the requirements for installing the software". VGA driver.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: H61M-HVS "This computer does not meet the requirements for installing the software". VGA driver.

I agree with wardog, for a mother boards battery to be forced out of its socket, a large impact would have been necessary. Hopefully the video card was not moved out of place too, but if it runs it is probably Ok, but it's worth checking to see if it is correctly seated.

There really are very few BIOS settings for video cards, besides selecting it over the onboard graphics in the Intel CPU. The Intel graphics driver you tried to install would not do so simply because the Intel video is not selected/enabled in the BIOS. That error message does not communicate that at all, does it? As said earlier, you don't want to use it as it is inferior to the video card you have.

Next, while your video card uses a Nvidia graphics chip, Nvidia does not sell video cards at the retail level. So you need to find out who actually makes your video card, and they may provide a program for configuring it, monitoring temperature, fan speed, etc. It might be Nvidia, but it's likely it is made by someone else.

Also, your CPU being a "3rd Gen i5" is not very specific. What model name or model number does iBuyPower call your PC? Knowing this will help us see what your PC is all about, if you don't do anything else, do this please!

The BIOS version you listed is not the true BIOS version, unless iBuyPower has a custom BIOS. BTW, it is IbuyPower's responsibility to provide support for EVERY part in that PC, to try to pass it off to ASRock is ridiculous. If you check Nvidia's web site, and you click "My NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ or NVIDIAŽ QuadroŽ graphics card or NVIDIA nForceŽ motherboard came as part of a computer purchase." on their support page, they then show a list of PC vendors to contact, including yours. Nvidia provides no support besides a driver download. That is standard practice in the PC industry, IMO that iBuyPower support person was just getting rid of you.

You can see some detailed information about your PC by going to Control Panel, and then click Performance Information and Tools. If the Windows experience index is '?', run the assessment. Under the numeric scores there is a spot to click that says, "View and print detailed performance and system information". Click that and let us know the details.

Or, a good program to find detailed system information, and check CPU and video card temps is HWiNFO64, which is free to download and install. Just Google on that, download, install, and run it. It will also tell you the BIOS version. Click on the sensors button (yellow lightning bolt) to open that display. The graphics card temps will be at the bottom, you'll need to scroll down. You'll see all kinds of system temps, some of them worthless, but many are correct, plus fan speed info. Try not to get lost in that display, some of it is not relevant but much of it is.

Mjktoolband is offline Junior Member

Default Re: H61M-HVS "This computer does not meet the requirements for installing the software". VGA driver.

First of all, I can't thank you guys enough for the help. It means a great deal.

Everything seems to be working fine except for the low FPS/graphics issue. The box was even in perfect condition when I received it. I even took the graphics card and out re-seated to make sure.

My nVidia card is a Gigabyte, so I downloaded their OC Guru to check performance and here are some results. Some look weird to me, but I don't know enough about it, so hopefully some light can be shed...Playing an MMO called TERA, I went into a secluded area when I first logged into the game and was getting 48 - 58 degrees for the temp and a fan speed of 65 - 66% and an FPS of 35 - 54. When I went into a largely populated area with other playable characters, the temp was 38 - 47 degrees, fan speed was 48 - 58%, FPS slowly plummeted to between 0 - 5. The stats that I thought looked extra weird: GPU Voltage dipped to 0.00 , then went back up to 1.100 and dipped again every few seconds. Memory clock peaked at 5500MHz, but regularly dipped to 1620MHz. GPU clock also went from 1111 MHz to 540MHz. These also happened every few seconds...fluctuating up and down.

I agree with you that I was getting the "brush off" from iBuyPower's technical support. I just wasn't sure because of my limited knowledge. Thanks for the confirmation.

Here is where I think I may have found a goldmine of info to help narrow down the problem. Your suggestion for checking Performance Information and Tools uncovered some info. First off, it states that my BIOS is version 2.5 and was released on 9/18/12. I must have got incorrect info the first time around. Sorry about that. Rest of specs that were requested: Processor: Intel core i5-3570k. iBuyPower model #BB742I (it was purchased through Best Buy if that helps).

Here is (what I think may be) a goldmine of information: In Performance Information and Tools it says "Adjust visual settings to improve performance". When I look further it says "Current visual settings may not result in the best computer performance. To improve performance, you can try closing some windows or lowering screen resolution". When I look even further into the Event Viewer it had many entries for "Event 500 Diagnostics Performance". "Scenario: video memory resources are over-utilized and there is thrashing happening as a result. Reducing the number of running programs and open windows may help resolve this condition."

My previous system which was a Quad core with only a GTS250 card in it never ran into these problems. It could run Steam (video game launcher), 2 games at a time, several webpages, email, etc. Which is, at most, what I have opened at any given time.

Now for the additional information from the "Experience Index":

(thanks again for the help. I look forward to any replies.)

Component Details Subscore Base score
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 6.9
    Determined by lowest subscore
    Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.5
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 7.3
    Gaming graphics 4095 MB Total available graphics memory 7.3
    Primary hard disk 300GB Free (456GB Total) 5.9
    Windows 8

<nobr>System </nobr>
    Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 4
    <nobr>Storage </nobr>
    Total size of hard disk(s) 456 GB
    Disk partition (C:) 300 GB Free (456 GB Total)
    Media drive (D:) CD/DVD
    <nobr>Graphics </nobr>
    Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
    Total available graphics memory 4095 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 3071 MB
    Display adapter driver version 6.2.9200.16384
    Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050
    DirectX version DirectX 11 or better
    <nobr>Network </nobr>
    Network Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

The data from the Gigabyte OC Guru regarding GPU voltage sounds like power saving features/options are active at times. In Control Panel, start up Power Options, and check what power plan you currently have. Regardless, click on Change advanced power settings, and find PCI Express. Open that and Link State Power Management to Off, if it is On, which it likely is. Can you find any type of power saving settings in the OC Guru software?

The Performance Information messages imply that you are running out of memory. With 8GB total, that seems unlikely, and the message may simply be a generic one, but is worth checking. In the Performance Info and Tools screen, click on Advanced tools, and select Resource Monitor, and then the Memory tab. Then start up the game and see how much free memory is available, and how much is being used by the video card.

If your other PC could run the same games at or near the same resolution as you use now, something is not right. Can you check the CPU temperature? The program I suggested earlier will show you that, and the video data you posted. It will also display the minimum and maximum values of each reading like temp, voltage, GPU clock speed, etc.

Your BIOS version 2.50 is the latest version for your board. The previous version, 2.40, has a fix for a rather scary issue IMO, which is: Modify some VGA card with Intel inbox fan; CPU fan does not rotate issue. I hope that issue is completely fixed, as it would lead to CPU overheating. Which is why I'd like to see your CPU temperature at idle and when gaming, and the speed of the CPU cooler fan.

Also, by googling the error 500 message, it's reported in some demanding games : video ram is all used and the system starts using your physical ram (frames drop). Then windows starts using the virtual ram (page file) on your hdd and error 500 comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Also, your CPU being a "3rd Gen i5" is not very specific. What model name or model number does iBuyPower call your PC? Knowing this will help us see what your PC is all about, if you don't do anything else, do this please!
    A link to your system on iBuyPower's website or elsewhere please. This will provide us trying to help more specifics than is so far offered up here.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

The data from the Gigabyte OC Guru regarding GPU voltage sounds like power saving features/options are active at times. In Control Panel, start up Power Options, and check what power plan you currently have. Regardless, click on Change advanced power settings, and find PCI Express. Open that and Link State Power Management to Off, if it is On, which it likely is. Can you find any type of power saving settings in the OC Guru software?

The Performance Information messages imply that you are running out of memory. With 8GB total, that seems unlikely, and the message may simply be a generic one, but is worth checking. In the Performance Info and Tools screen, click on Advanced tools, and select Resource Monitor, and then the Memory tab. Then start up the game and see how much free memory is available, and how much is being used by the video card.

If your other PC could run the same games at or near the same resolution as you use now, something is not right. Can you check the CPU temperature? The program I suggested earlier will show you that, and the video data you posted. It will also display the minimum and maximum values of each reading like temp, voltage, GPU clock speed, etc.

Your BIOS version 2.50 is the latest version for your board. The previous version, 2.40, has a fix for a rather scary issue IMO, which is: Modify some VGA card with Intel inbox fan; CPU fan does not rotate issue. I hope that issue is completely fixed, as it would lead to CPU overheating. Which is why I'd like to see your CPU temperature at idle and when gaming, and the speed of the CPU cooler fan.
    I have Balance Power Plan currently. I went into Link State Management. That was at "Moderate". I turned it off. I found no power saving settings in the OC Guru software.

Before I start the game, the Memory Tab in resource Monitor had 4895MB free. When I started the game and ran if for a few minutes, the free memory went to 2900 free.

The temperatures seem a little scary to me. I used CoreTemp to measure the temps. Here is what I got...

PC at idle:
    Core 0: 54-58
    Core 1: 57-61
    Core 2: 56-61
    Core 3: 55-62

PC running Battlefield 3 in an online match:
    Core 0: 104
    Core 1: 105
    Core 2: 105
    Core 3: 103

This seemed high to me, so I took off the side cover and watched all of the fans. Wouldn't you know it, the processor fan only spins at a 1/4 of a turn about every second. The fan on the graphics card and the fan on the back of the chassis are running constantly.

Could this be causing my Graphics issues? Did I revert back to an older BIOS? When I pulled up the Performance Information & Tools (again, just now, to double check) it states: BIOS version/date: American Megatrends Inc P2.50, 9/18/2012. Could this be inaccurate? Could it have reverted when the CMOS was cleared? When I look at my motherboard manufacturer's site ( H61 Motherboard Series Manufacturing - ASRock Inc. ) I see that the latest version is 2.50, but the date is 9/21/12. Does the difference in dates mean anything?

Would an update to the BIOS fix anything? If so, is that something a novice (that follows directions well) can do?

A lot of questions, I know. Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjktoolband View Post
    This seemed high to me, so I took off the side cover and watched all of the fans. Wouldn't you know it, the processor fan only spins at a 1/4 of a turn about every second. The fan on the graphics card and the fan on the back of the chassis are running constantly.
    You should definitely check (while keeping powered off the system) if the cable of the cpu fan is properly plugged in your motherboards connector AND try checking if the fan of the cpu can rotate smoothly (you can rotate it with your finger a bit but without pushing it).

Quote Originally Posted by korakios View Post
    You should definitely check (while keeping powered off the system) if the cable of the cpu fan is properly plugged in your motherboards connector AND try checking if the fan of the cpu can rotate smoothly (you can rotate it with your finger a bit but without pushing it).
    The cable of the CPU fan seems to be plugged in fully and properly to the motherboard. The fan blades rotates fully and smoothly by barely putting any pressure on the blades with my finger.

"This seemed high to me, so I took off the side cover and watched all of the fans. Wouldn't you know it, the processor fan only spins at a 1/4 of a turn about every second. The fan on the graphics card and the fan on the back of the chassis are running constantly."

OMG, you've got a problem there dude! You basically have zero CPU cooling! That fan should be spinning at 1000 RPM at least, and NEVER, EVER be basically off as yours seems to be, while the PC is on. Those idle and load core temps are bad, at load you are into the range where the CPU starts to protect itself by throttling back its speed, for example from its usual 3.4GHz, to 1.6GHz, as well as reducing the voltage applied to it. This would explain your game playing issues, as the CPU is basically not working as it should.

You might have a bad fan on the CPU cooler, does it look like the stock Intel cooler? Can you see Intel on the fans label? The fan cable should have four wires, and have a four pin connector, and be plugged into the board on a "header" that has four pins on it, labeled "CPU Fan".

But given what you described above about the fan barely moving, and what I included in my previous post about the "Modify some VGA card with Intel inbox fan; CPU fan does not rotate issue. " fix for BIOS version 2.40, what does that tell us? It sounds like this issue still exists, or whatever BIOS version your board has may not match those from ASRock.

For now, try this test, if you feel up to it:

With the PC turned OFF and unplugged from power, open the case. Find the video card attached to the middle of the mother board. Right above the card you'll see "ASROCK" and other text. To the left of ASROCK there is a white rectangle with three pins coming out of it, with "PWR_FAN" or "PWR_FAN1" written on the board next to it.

I want you to unplug the CPU cooler's fan from the connector it is in now, and connect it to the PWR_FAN connection.

It does not matter that the PWR_FAN connector has three pins and the fan plug has four, just line up the white tab on the PWR_FAN connector with the slot on the side of the fan's plug, when you plug the fan into it.

Now connect the PC to power and start it up. The PWR_FAN connector should run the fan at full speed all the time. Yes, it will be loud but at least it is on and cooling the CPU. If the fan still does not run, it's bad and the entire cooler must be replaced, and you should really not use the PC with no CPU cooling.

Oh, BTW, if that fan is not turning as you described, you really should not use the PC. While a CPU temp of 50C at idle is not dangerous, it's not good at all. Frankly, if the CPU cooler fan is not working, you should not use the PC.

....., you really should not use the PC. While a CPU temp of 50C at idle is not dangerous, it's not good at all. Frankly, if the CPU cooler fan is not working, you should not use the PC.
    Agreed.

The last iBuyPower 'puter problem posted here showed a pic of a cpu cooler that was IIRC deemed not adequate and rated below the TDP of the processor from those of us that commented on it.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information