Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New System Built FM2 Extreme 6 Reboots

Default Re: New System Built FM2 Extreme 6 Reboots

Any reboots since our last posts?

In the future do you plan on adding a video card? If so, do you have an idea what card it might be?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

The psu cable arrangement on the psu that you linked to is similar to what a cheapy 400 watt psu has:

• only one "pci" cable? Give me a break!!
    • only three sata connectors on one cable!!

There is no way that the Silent 750w psu is a good power supply.

A power supply is the foundation of your system and buying a cheap unit is asking for trouble.
    A quick look at Scan.co (UK) shows that they have a high quality XFX 650 psu for 65.
    A high quality 650 - 750 watt psu will let you run up to 2 mid level video cards and should come with 4 pci-e power cables.
    A fully modular psu will cost a bit more where you only connect the psu cables that you need.

Check out P67 Extrme 6 Intel, Giving error 36 or 62 and freezing., post #6 for my psu recommendations. There is a link at the bottom of the post where you fill out a detailed form to determine how many watts your psu needs to deliver based on the hardware in your system.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

TechGuy23 is offline Junior Member

Question Re: New System Built FM2 Extreme 6 Reboots

no system reboots

I was wondering if i can get a stable overclock from this CPU without any damages occuring

I did overclock once and that was using ASrock X Boost at 4.2Ghz from 3.8Ghz

Also in the Bios there is the feature called Turbo Core Technology and was wondering if that should be enabled or disabled.

The other settings are for the CPU which im wondering what they should be changed to.

Core C6 Mode Enable or Disable?

Cool n Quiet Enable or Disable?

SVM Enable or Disable?

CPU Thermal Throttle Enable or Disable?

also i do have a 500GB SATA Hard Drive in the Machine was wondering if it was worth raiding with the SSD Yes or No? I am a Newbie where Raid is concerned as i have never worked with it.

I also noticed when increasing the RAM Voltage to 1.5V that the ASRock Extreme Tuner Utility Window stopped freezing up which is really good. You could not move it about and just kept freezing

Exclamation Re: New System Built FM2 Extreme 6 Reboots

not sure what it is with ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility it always comes up not responding when the system starts

issue has come back where if you drag its Main Program Window it is lagging and moves mega slow. Im having so many issues with this app i am wondering it it will help by just removing it all together and just using the Bios if i need a overclock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information