Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keyboard posts after bios setup

rebelyell is offline Junior Member

Unhappy keyboard posts after bios setup

i cannot get into my uefi bios setup since my keyboard doesnt start until the os starts unless i pull power and press power button to drain dram and voltage down. then restart it works 1 time.

i beleive caused this issue a dumb mistake. i added a new cpu cooler and had to remove the mobo asrock 970 pro/3. which went well. but my stupidity i didnt put the ram modules in and i started it up (ouch) so pwered down and installed. all seemed fine but now i cant enter my bios setup since keyboard dont star until windows does oman. plz help if you can. would clearing my cmos fix this which i have never done..help

Default Re: keyboard posts after bios setup

Odd. Are you sure you're using the motherboards USB 2.0 ports? The USB 3.0 ports won't be "active' until the OS loads the proper 3.0 drivers.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

yea its still in the 2.0 usb port i even tried i different 2.0 port just to see if it helped and it didnt. i just cant figure this out...what is odd is if i drain down the dram (unplug) and restart it works right 1 time.

what would i loose if i attemp to clear the cmos?

Quote Originally Posted by rebelyell View Post
    what would i loose if i attemp to clear the cmos?
    Only any setting you yourself have changed. Just go through and either write them down or use F12 and a fat32 usb stick in a USB 2.0 port of the mb's in the bios to capture screenshots. If you use the F12 method remember, only what's shown/displayed on the screen is captured so you'll have a few pages that you'll need to scroll down and/to capture that part of the page too.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

thanks,

well i know the bios settings by heart. if u can think of anything else plz let me know. i hope i didnt fry something in the board? even though there only 70 bucks.

amd 4170 fx 4.7 ghz g.skill trident 1866mhz 16gb

parsec is offline Senior Member

Doesn't your board let you save your BIOS settings in a profile? That is usually in the OC Tweaker section, at the bottom.

AXTU has an option to save BIOS settings to a file in Windows too.

Do you have anything like Fast Boot enabled?

thanks,

yea i can save the bios profile if i want too..but im still tweaking. but no i dont have the fast boot enabled in fear it may miss something. what is your thoughs on that plz reply thanks??????

i cleared the cmos but it still dont work right. anyone have any ideas it would help .... i may have to get another mobo and hope it works???????????????

If you go the new motherboard route I'd highly suggest a 990FX board to keep that FX-4170 happy.

thanks,
    yea iwas thinking the same thing 990extreme4 if that will run 4170 fx. also i want to get the amd 8350 fx eventually. so if i do a swap out what issues would i have to look out for or is it pretty basic. im pretty knowledgable but limited also. thanks.

its ashame only had this pc 1.5 months. mobo no good not sure uuuhg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information