Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6 Power Issues

TechGuy23 is offline Junior Member

Post ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6 Power Issues

this is the first time i have come across this problem. I turned the PC on this morning then it shut back off again so i turned it back off then it booting into Windows just fine. Im not seeing no current issues now whilst it is on. I was doing a bit of digging on the internet and someone had the same issue with another system. Users on the community was blaming it onto the Mobo or the CPU. Surely this is not always the case?

I have a new PSU coming today and i also invested in a new PC Tower AeroCool Strike X Red version which should be with me by the weekend.

I will install this PSU that is coming today and post back on this thread.

like i say if it was the mobo or the CPU surely i would be having way bigger issues

The PSU is a standard EZ Cool 500WATT version with only a 4 Pin and a 24 Pin and does not include the new updated PSU Features

I installed a Dedicated Graphics Card too so i could see if it would stop the PC Rebooting when playing games. I got a blue screen the other day and it was something like 00000003B. Since i installed that VTX Radeon HD 5450 i have not been getting the issues.

The only one i had was this morning which was with the PC being shut back off soon as i turned it on

Default Re: ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6 Power Issues

all working fine now since i changed the PSU. All i can say is this system is like a Rocket. I also changed the PLED- and PLED+ and put them on the other pins. I put hours into making this system stable yesterday and i am more than happy with it. New case is arriving today

Good. Did it also take car of the ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility problems you were describing in your other thread:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...6-reboots.html
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

I have not installed that on the system yet but am debating whether to install it or not. Yesterday everything seemed corrupt in Windows 7 when i finally got into it after installing the new PSU. I had to plug serial keyboard in as my wireless one would no longer let me boot into bios. before i reinstalled Windows 7 i went into my computer and explorer would error out say it has to restart. Could not access device manager. You name it. The OS became very unstable so thats why i reloaded it and now it seems the fastest system i have ever had in my life time. I click a Window,I play a game its fast. Anything i want its there dot on and Farmville 2 seems to be playing Rocket Fast now and that is without overclocking. Everything is on default in the bios in the overclocking section apart from the RAM which i have changed to 1600 from 1333 and i changed it to 1.5V. I also reading 9-9-9-24 on the timing. I was getting a super 7.3 out of 7.9 system rating when we first began this topic but the system did not seem fast like it does now. I am actually getting 4.8 for my Windows 7 score now but i dont know why they would all of a sudden changed like that when the system is Rocket Fast lol. Maybe its stable as dot on. Should i post some Benchmarks in this thread today?

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

The overall WEI score is based on the lowest individual WEI score each time you run it.

Thread Information