Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hibernation works randomly, sometimes I get a black screen when resuming, have to hard reset and try again.

MRK17 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Hibernation works randomly, sometimes I get a black screen when resuming, have to hard reset and try again.

Intel Rapid Start is supposed to resume the system even if the computer is unplugged, right?

I'm not sure, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but my system isn't resuming if I turn off the power.

This is what I did:
    1. Install AsRock rapidstart tool
    2. Use said tool to create partition on system drive
    3. Reboot
    4. Install Intel Rapid Start driver and program
    5. Use the program to set timer to 0 (immediately) and enable rapid start
    6. Select sleep
    7. Computer enters sleep, then wakes up immediately, does something for a few seconds with a black screen, and turns off again.
    8. Unplug computer
    9. Replug computer
    10. "Windows was not shut down correctly, yada yada yada"

And also, updating the broadcom driver did not fix the problem as this god damned clunker has just hanged again as I was testing hibernation and rapid start.

This is starting to get annoying.
    Last edited by MRK17; 03-02-2013 at 07:54 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Hibernation works randomly, sometimes I get a black screen when resuming, have to hard reset and try again.

Yes, Rapid Start writes the system state to disk, so it's supposed to be able to be removed from power and resume fine.

Below is a link to Intel's own documentation about Rapid Start. They do mention a BIOS setting for their own mother boards, but I thought this might give you some more information. They also mention the Smart Response feature in this document, which is confusing but these two features are related. Just FYI really:

http://download.intel.com/support/mo..._guide_v11.pdf

I did the same exact steps and nothing, it doesn't work. I wonder what's up with this ****. I will try reinstalling windows. Man, what a pain.

I spent my entire afternoon reinstalled windows and it still doesn't god damn work. Holy crap I'm so mad I feel like going out and start punching babies right now.

Does anyone know how exactly I'm supposed to set up this ungodly crap?

Bios settings:
    Rapid start: enabled
    Timer: immediately
    Check size whatever: enabled

Program settings:
    Rapid start technology: enabled
    Battery: disabled
    Timer: 0

Windows power saving settings:
    Disabled hibernation
    Disabled hibrid sleep

Can someone who actually managed to get this **** to work tell me all the settings? The system resumes fine but if I unplug my computer I get the "windows was not shut down correctly" screen.

Last edited by MRK17; 03-16-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information