Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 939Dual VSTA + AMD FX-57 = Wrong speed

Default Re: 939Dual VSTA + AMD FX-57 = Wrong speed

Set CAS in in the BIOS at 2.5 and retry.

2.5-2-2-(6 or 8)
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Psychobudgie is offline Junior Member

Default Re: 939Dual VSTA + AMD FX-57 = Wrong speed

BSOD, major instability, failure to boot.

It seems the only settings that will work with this board/setup, are "Auto". which we both know are the wrong settings.
    Any attempt to change the settings result in CPU instability and memory problems.

Yesterday I had to reformat and do a fresh XP64 install, as it failed to post several times after the ram tweak. I also reflashed the bios (P1.30) to see if that would help (didnt really think it would). result no change.

I think I'm going to have to admit defeat on this one. I've either got a duff CPU, a duff Board, or the Bios from Asrock is fubar.

Psychobudgie is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Re: 939Dual VSTA + AMD FX-57 = Wrong speed

I supect the BIOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information