Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Motherboard FM2A85X-ITX BIOS v1.2 and Samsung HD154UI harddrive

Default Motherboard FM2A85X-ITX BIOS v1.2 and Samsung HD154UI harddrive

I have a FM2A85X-ITX motherboard, everything is working fine, but whenever I try to boot with any Samsung HD154UI drives plugged in(to either the onboard or an add on sata controller) the machine will not get past its initial BIOS image display, The drives are working fine on other machines. Anyone know what is going on here, so many problems lately and now I have this to deal with this

BIOS is at current revision and firmware on HHDs are current as well(actually no firmware update on HDDs available) This happens with both ata and ahci
    Last edited by Kyle Gilgan; 03-07-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Angry Re: Motherboard FM2A85X-ITX BIOS v1.2 and Samsung HD154UI harddrive

Message sent to ASRock 'tech' support:

"I have a FM2A85X-ITX motherboard, everything is working fine, but whenever I try to boot with any Samsung HD154UI drives plugged in(to either the onboard or an add on sata controller) the machine will not get past its initial BIOS image, The drives are working fine on other machines and Samsung has stated to contact the MB manufacture.

BIOS is at current revision 1.20 and firmware on HHDs are current as well(actually no firmware update on HDDs available) This happens with both ata and ahci setting in bios"

Their reply

"K
    yle,

Please check the address below , your motherboard comes with latest bios version 1.20 which was updated on Jan 24,2013 .
    We do not have newer bios version.

ASRock America Support"

*There was no address in this reply

My Reply

"Thank you for your speedy reply. I understand the BIOS was updated on Jan 24, 2013 and it is the latest version I got that information from the website and stated this in the form that I submitted, this response doesn't really help my inquiry at all and I have no idea what 'the address below is' as there is nothing but a summary of the information I sent below what was written. I am attempting to inform you that there might be an issue with the BIOS on this motherboard and was checking to see if this is something that could be looked at and possibly fixed quickly, I have a bunch of these boards that were going to go into production today, but it looks like I'll just have to return them and find another company to do business with in the future."

Enough said.

Mustash is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Motherboard FM2A85X-ITX BIOS v1.2 and Samsung HD154UI harddrive

[QUOTE=Kyle Gilgan;452171]Message sent to ASRock 'tech' support:

"I have a FM2A85X-ITX motherboard, everything is working fine, but whenever I try to boot with any Samsung HD154UI drives plugged in(to either the onboard or an add on sata controller) the machine will not get past its initial BIOS image, The drives are working fine on other machines and Samsung has stated to contact the MB manufacture.

[FONT=arial]BIOS is at current revision 1.20 and firmware on HHDs are current as well(actually no firmware update on HDDs available) This happens with both ata and ahci setting in bios"

The latest version is 1.80 Kyle. If that wasn't a typo just navigate to the "Internet Update" in your EUFI for a stress free update It was released late Feb or early this month
    It doesn't strictly matter what continent you pick. Also you might try calling Tech support.
    The ASR tech told me that w/email they try to answer as many questions as possible with one fits-all response.
    Ergo there is no way to really know what if anything in your inquiry they were referencing.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by Mustash; 03-07-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustash View Post
    The latest version is 1.80 Kyle. If that wasn't a typo just navigate to the "Internet Update" in your EUFI for a stress free update It was released late Feb or early this month
    1.80? Really. Better look again. 1.20 is the latest for his board.

ASRock > FM2A85X-ITX > BIOS Download
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Mustash is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    1.80? Really. Better look again. 1.20 is the latest for his board.

ASRock > FM2A85X-ITX > BIOS Download
    Ouch! My bad

Finally got this working turned out to be a harddrive firmware issue, this is kind of a double post as I elaborated on this issue in another thread, please delete if deemed necessary. Thank you

Hi Kyle Gilgan,

It's great to know the problem was solved.

Because we don't have the same HDD on our side, I tested Samsung HD080HJ on FM2A85X-ITX and system boot normally.

If any question later, please kindly let us know.
    Thank you very much!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Thread Information