Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: z77 OC Formula problem

Default Re: z77 OC Formula problem

Hi fluek66,

Thanks for the explanation!
    I understand it.
    But I don't have the same memory on our side, I did the test with Geil DDR3-2133 4GBx2 memory.
    I couldn't see the symptom.
    I will try to borrow the memory from G.Skill for checking this issue.

Please kindly also tell me which OS version do you use. (Win7 64bit or 32bit)
    If disable SLI or use onboard graphics, did the symptom still occur?
    I would like to check if this issue is related to VGA card and SLI tech.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily
    Last edited by ASRock TSD - Emily; 03-12-2013 at 08:38 PM.

fluek66 is offline Junior Member

HI
    Im using windows 7 64bit
    I have disabled both video cards and used the on board graphics and same problem:(
    Also disabled sli and same problem aswell

Hi fluek,

I use the memory module to do the test under Windows 7 64bit, but I still cannot see the symptom.
    Please kindly tell me below information.
    1. Detailed system config. including monitor, HDMI output or DVI output.
    2. Did you adjust other settings under BIOS? Or you only set CPU ratio at [37].
    3. The version of Rapid OC and "Timing Configurator".
    4. The screen resolution you set.

I'll double check this issue.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

fluek66 is offline Junior Member

Hi Emily

1.i7 2600k,Memory is G skillripjaws-x 8gb 2133 f3-17000cl11d-8gbxl , Galaxy gtx670 sli, i have tried hdmi and dvi and same problem

2. sorry i wasnt running at 3700 its at std 3.4, all BIOS setting are std.

3.Rapid OC ver:1.0.16 and TimingConfigurator ver:1.0.10

4.monitor is running at 1980 x 1080

havasuphto is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    And while probably not applicable here, there is a newer than came on the support cd, release of Formula Drive on ASRocks Z77 OC Formula Downloads section.
    I just checked the Asrock download page for the OC Formula, and found all the software there was dated around August 2012. Care to share with me where there is a more current version of the Formula drive software(link would help)?
    MB: AsRock OC Formula Z77 LGA 1155
    CPU: Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5Ghz
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
    RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripsaw DDR3-1866Mhz
    GPU: 2X Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 Ram, in Crossfire
    HD1: Intel SSD 520 Series Cherryville 240GB
    HD2: WD Black 1TB 64MB Cache Ram 7200

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    And while probably not applicable here, there is a newer than came on the support cd, release of Formula Drive on ASRocks Z77 OC Formula Downloads section.
    Quote Originally Posted by havasuphto View Post
    I just checked the Asrock download page for the OC Formula, and found all the software there was dated around August 2012.
    I don't know about August 2012 but it appears know posting your version numbers that you are current with Rapid OC and Timing Configurator anyways. Other than the below three files I agree all the remaining Utility files are dated as you say, August 6 2012.

ASRock > Z77 OC Formula > Download > Utilities > Windows 7 64bit
    Code:
    10/23/2012	Windows® 7 64bit 	7.28MB	Formula Drive ver:0.2.13
    10/23/2012	Windows® 7 64bit	1.67MB	Rapid OC ver:1.0.16
    10/23/2012	Windows® 7 64bit	1.50MB	Timing Configurator ver:1.0.10
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Hmm...my Formula drive is version0.2.12
    I have a ram drive, I'm hoping it's just a simple upgrade, and that it remembers my settings-is there a change log?

I just launched my rapid oc, and timing config(the old version), and have the exact same issue as the original poster.
    I will wait for him or others to upgrade their formula drive/rapid oc/timing config-to see if it just installs the new version, and remembers all your settings, or if I have to un-install everything and start over.
    Last edited by havasuphto; 03-16-2013 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by havasuphto View Post
    is there a change log?
    Heh, yea, and there's a leprechaun with a pot o' gold at the ends of rainbows. .......... No, no change log.

Getting change logs out of manufacturers would be nice but for some reason we will not be made aware of they hold that info close to their chest.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Rale is offline Junior Member

fluek66
    Usually those interface bugs occurs when changing the dpi, there no scaling in this app (if its not driver bug)
    Go to Display settings and set "Smaller - 100%". Also check "Set custom size text (DPI)" there should be 100% - 96dpi.
    It its not help, go to app exe file settings -> compatibility and disable display scaling on hi DPI.
    Last edited by Rale; 03-16-2013 at 06:14 AM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by Rale View Post
    fluek66
    Usually those interface bugs occurs when changing the dpi, there no scaling in this app (if its not driver bug)
    Go to Display settings and set "Smaller - 100%". Also check "Set custom size text (DPI)" there should be 100% - 96dpi.
    It its not help, go to app exe file settings -> compatibility and disable display scaling on hi DPI.
    That may be my problem-I'm running 2560X1600 resolution and I think i have the setting at 125% or something. I tried earlier in the day to enable windows aero themes(not currently using them), but that didn't correct the problem. I installed all 3 updated versions-still have the same issue as the op.

slightly off topic; I want to run my I7-3770K at 4.5ghz. however, I want to retain the power savings feature-so, I only want the CPU to go to 4.5ghz if needed. I tested the settings in the bios and was stable at 4.5ghz-no issues. however, it was stuck at that setting, and wouldn't power down.

if i use the formula drive software, and change the multiplier from 39, to 45, will this allow the cpu to power up to 4.5ghz, but then enter into "power savings" mode, when the processor power isn't needed? I think it powers down to something like 30, or maybe even lower-not sure. Also, i have IES set to On. with the old version, it wouldn't stay that way-hopefully they fixed it-as i have the boxes checked to save settings and load on start-up. I like the idea of saving power when possible.

will check the dpi setting tomorrow when I back on my main computer(on laptop now).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information