Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Stuck in Mud

craigconnell is offline Junior Member

Default Stuck in Mud

Sent the computer back to dealer because it kept crashing. He changed motherboard and memory. It does not crash any more. But it feels like it is stuck in mud. When whatever program I want to run finally starts running, it works ok. But there is lag for it to start running. ASRock 970de3/u3s3, Athlon II X4 620, 4GB DDR-1333, HDD-500-7200-SATA2, 600 Watts power supply, 22x-dvdrw-black-IDE, ATI Radeon HD 5570. Using Windows 8 64 bit. Any thoughts on how to figure out what the problem is. I was worried there was spyware, but spyware programs says no. Tests of hard drive and memory say they are working fine.

Default Re: Stuck in Mud

Hi craigconnell,

Please tell me when the system will crush. (ex: play game, watch video etc...)

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
    1. Load BIOS default settings.
    2. Only install a stick memory module to try.
    3. Plug the SATA HDD to other SATA ports for testing.
    4. If possible, please change other memory module to check if the problem can be solved.

Thank you very much!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Hi craigconnell,

Please tell me when the system will crush. (ex: play game, watch video etc...)
    Please reread his original post.

---------

Hello and Welcome Craig.

This won't be <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">east</span> easy to diagnose over the internet, ok?

The first thing I'll ask is what are your temperatures reporting as? Are they abnormally high?
    Last edited by - wardog -; 03-12-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

craigconnell is offline Junior Member

Thanks, the system does not crash. However, when a program is shut down, there is an inordinate number of rundell32 errors = can't read memory or something. I have run memtest several times and never found error.

Anyway CPU 44 C, MB 41 C.

Quote Originally Posted by craigconnell View Post
    .......rundell32 errors = can't read memory or something.
    Or something?? Sheesh dude, you're gonna need to provide more input here than "or something' if you want help. Anything else we should know?

Idle or load?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Thanks, the system does not crash. However, when a program is shut down, there is an inordinate number of rundell32 errors = can't read memory or something. I have run memtest several times and never found error.

Where are these errors appearing, to the screen or in a Windows log? I'm not sure what you mean by inordinate number, any errors like that are not good.

Did this PC have Windows 8 when you bought it? Your board's download page does not have any Windows 8 drivers listed.

Given you have 4GB of memory, when gaming you might run out of memory for the OS, and the pagefile is being used to make up for that. The pagefile is on your OS drive, and will slow down everything else when it is accessed.

Try running Resource monitor and see how much memory is free or how much is being used by your video card.

Thread Information