Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 WOL doesn't work after Windows shutdown.

corpgator is offline Junior Member

Default Asrock Z77 Extreme4 WOL doesn't work after Windows shutdown.

Ok, the gist of it is, Windows is turning off my nic. If I power the system off from any point but Windows, WOL works just fine. If I do a Windows shut down, WOL fails because the nic is off as indicated by there being no link lights. I changed the setting in power management to have Windows not turn it off ie unchecked the "allow Windows to turn off this device to save power" setting, but that did not work.

I'm on the latest drivers available on the Asrock website. Also, none of the settings for powering on the system work, usb keyboard/remote/mouse, except in the same way that WOL does: if I turn off the computer during startup, or from the BIOS or anywhere that's not Windows, then I can use them to power on the computer. If I choose Windows shutdown, it doesn't work.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Well after spending all day on this, I finally found the issue. It was Widows' 8 stupid Hybrid shutdown. You have to go under change what power buttons do and disable the fast restart option. After that, it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by corpgator; 03-14-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Thread Information