Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: drivers for 2Core 1333-2.66G Motherboard for Windows 7

porter1949 is offline Junior Member

Default drivers for 2Core 1333-2.66G Motherboard for Windows 7

Hi

I have just upgraded to Windows 7 32bit. The files on my support cd are for xp & vista.

I went to check the website for drivers for windows 7, but could not find my motherboard listed. The exact package contents read as:

2Core 1333-2.66G Motherboard Bundled with Selected Dual Core CPU Operating at FSB1333/2.66GHz. (Micro ATX Form Factor: 9.6 in x 9.0 in,
    24.4 cm 2 22.9 cm).

The motherboard also supports cpu specs below:

LGA 775 for Intel Dual Core Core 2 Extreme/Core 2 Duo/ Pentium D/ Pentium Dual Core/ Pentium 4/ Celeron/ Celeron D.
    Compatible with all FSB 1333/1066/800/533MHz CPUs except Quad Core. Supports Hyper-Threading Technology. Supports Untied Overclocking Technology (see Caution 2). Supports EM66T CPU. It was overclocked at the time it was purchased.

I hope I have given enough useful and not too much useless information.

I have had this pc for 5 years and was using xp at the time it was bought.

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.
    porter

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: drivers for 2Core 1333-2.66G Motherboard for Windows 7

Sorry to say, that information does not help. It's simply information about the compatible CPUs. We need information about the chipset, and really the specific model of your board. It seems you are sure it is an ASRock board?

The best way to learn what mother board you have is to open the left side of the PC, as you view it from the front. Do this with the PC shutdown, of course. The model of the mother board will be written on the board in large letters, for example, G41M-VS3. In this example, G41 is the model of chipset I mentioned earlier.

Once we know the model number, we can take it from there.
    Last edited by parsec; 03-15-2013 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Don't know my right from left!

I honestly don't know if the below site will help or not. Worth a shot.

Intel® Driver Update Utility
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

#1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

You nailed it wardog, I never thought what the OP wrote was the actual name!

porter, the drivers on your board's download page only list XP and Vista, zero Windows 7 drivers.

I went to Intel's site, and searched for drivers for the 945 chipset, and Windows 7. I found a few, which should be useful.

First go to this page: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...ress%20Chipset

You then need to find Windows 7 32 bit in the "Select an Operating System Box", which will filter the results to your OS.

The result is not complete, unfortunately. You may need to depend on Window Update to find drivers for you, and Windows 7 itself will have at least some drivers for your board.

Thread Information