Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Memory setup in X58 extreme 3 (cant get 4x2gb to work)

mvd1968 is offline Junior Member

Default Memory setup in Asrock X58 extreme 3 (cant get 4x2gb to work)

Hi

Had some major BSOD faults in my pc. I own this PC for about 2 years and it started to BSOD a year ago. Specs are i my profile.
    Normaly the first startup was a BSOD and the second startup gave no problemens. Last week the BSOD started to come also after the second startup so i search for an sollution.

This machine always runned with no problems on 4x2gb setup. But when i removed 1 memory bank and used 3 x 2gb (all white slots) the BSOD stopped. Installing the 4st 2gb memory bank in slot B2 gave me BSODs and froze the PC.
    I swapped the memory banks to see or one had an defect but 3x2gb seemed fine and 4x2gb froze

So it looks like my X58 can't handle 4 x 2gb anymore. Do i have to make special setups in the BIOS to get this 4x2gb to work?

All memory is the same brand and type, did memtest overnight and it found no problems. Bios is 2.80

Ordered now 2x2gb extra to try an 6 x 2gb setup because then i can use a double tripple memory setup.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by mvd1968; 03-19-2013 at 09:28 PM.

mvd1968 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Memory setup in X58 extreme 3 (cant get 4x2gb to work)

morning

nobody an answer???
    Still waiting in patience

Thread Information