Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Experiencing slow up speeds

Default Re: Experiencing slow up speeds

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Kaspersky here. Yea, yea. Flame away .......
    You said I could.

Sorry, This really isn't for you, but I didn't want to keep making post, it's for anyone who it can help.

Kaspersky is very good. A few years back I use to test anti-virus, with over 6 hundred thousand variants. There were actually more company's that tested also.
    Up until 2010 one of the worst that was popular was AVG, every pc I ever had to clean has AVG. I guess they have come around, but for some reason tons of people though it was great.
    You have to remember that there is no one company that has caught every wild virus, ever. So you go by the utility, how it works on a system and testing, preference.
    If anyone took into account every test company and look at in wild detection.
    This list is the best at what anyone can do to be safe. Every year they move around from top spot, or they have for the last ten years.

Gdata, Bitdefender, Fsecure, Avira, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, Eset.

Now Gdata will grab even things that aren't a real virus, and some for Bitdefender. So personal choice come into a lot of a decision.
    For people who game, run cracks, there are ones that open ports, and are unsafe and one's that are safe. There is no one company that's gives the absolute perfect utility.
    If you look at Av tests, you still see that AVG is below the top 10.

Wardog: Kaspersky caught the flame virus over everyone and the first virus at apple called (find&call).

** Very sorry to the poster, didn't mean to make this a virus post.

axehead15 is offline Junior Member

Excellent post sir. Do you still test?

Also, isn't it true that there is a huge difference between free anti-virus programs and paid? For instance, could AVG's paid program totally blow while their free one is top of the line?

Quote Originally Posted by axehead15 View Post
    Excellent post sir. Do you still test?

Also, isn't it true that there is a huge difference between free anti-virus programs and paid? For instance, could AVG's paid program totally blow while their free one is top of the line?
    Thank you. NO, it's actually the worst nightmare ever, the registry is attacked, system files, keeping the registry from corrupting before the test's ends. You have to unleash all the virus's, trojans, on one software, then you go back and run each company again on the same OS to see who missed what and who picked up what others left. The worst was detecting if system files, DLL,ECT, where corrupted after the test and if they were really cleaned or deleted.

Now, usually the difference is in the utility's of a anti-virus, free /paid , most free are just a anti-virus, lacking, live browser detection, email, cleaning, over quarantining, and so on. It does seem better for any company though to keep the free version updated as fast as possible as they are constantly looking for you to buy it, and if it lacked and you became infected, would you buy it ?

Not sure if you were just making a point so don't take this the wrong way. In the past 10 years, I have never seen any AVG, paid /free, ever make it in the top five. I have seen two company's test that put it up there, but it was only because of ease of use, low cpu usage, and not false reporting. But like I said above, it can change, in 2013, AVG could become the best at in wild detection, you never know. AVG is ok, but I haven't seen anyone that download hundreds of cracks, goes to bad sites with loggers running rampant. All I can say is up until 2010, 20 anti-virus were above AVG at detection. I can't remember what the names were, but there were several virus's that would disable AVG, and people could not get AVG to run a scan because the virus disabled it. This was back 5-6 yrs ago.

If you download something and you are not sure, run it through Virus total, this will give you a good idea. https://www.virustotal.com/en/

parsec is offline Senior Member

Hey, whatever AV program is superior, which is highly non-subjective, is just reality. Fanboyism when it comes to AV programs is a huge mistake.

I also imagine some of the "best" lists are simply what is the most popular, or downloaded most often, not a true measure of high quality.

alsmith1964 is offline Junior Member

Wow, a lot of good information on antivirus. So back to my slow up speeds it was the ASRockFast LAN program, uninstalled it androcking speeds 55.32 Mbps up and 11.22 Mbps down.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comca.../236762972.png
    Attached Images Attached Images Experiencing slow up speeds-236762972-bmp 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information