Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance SLI or not?

Default ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance SLI or not?

Hi. Made a big mistake and ordered my 2nd Geforce GTX 670.

Now I see that spec says that only Crossfire works. Is this true? I haven't tested it yet cause I had to order a SLI-bridge.

Thanks

Ninotramp from Sweden.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance SLI or not?

It sure doesn't look like it, given the specs and manual. SLI is not covered in the manual at all. Given that this board is a "Fatality" series board, aimed at the high end gamer, how in the world is SLI missing?

I don't own this board, and hopefully someone that does can confirm this for you. I can't see any reason the hardware on this board would not work with SLI.

A guy at a Swedish overclocking forum said that Asrock and nvidia have argued about something like this.

I gotta say I'm stupid buying this motherboard and not buying the Professional edition. Pretty sad that Asrock favourise AMD. Pretty obvious. :(

Please some staff from Asrock answer this question. Upgrading MB bios might work?

I have the professional And SLI is covered in the manual. Its a fatality board. I can't see how a co. makes a gaming board and doesn't support both. Since you have the parts you might as well try it. Wont hurt right.
    Motherboard Name ASRock extream6
    Inteli7-4790k @4.5ghz
    16gig Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
    SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC 100362-2SR Radeon R9 290

Mouse logitech G602
    windows 7 ultimate
    lg blue ray burner
    Os smsung xp941 256gb
    storage 2 1tb drives 2 500 gig drives
    evga 1300 watt gold
    in win GRone Gray 0.8mm atx full tower case
    cpu heatsink corsair hydro h50
    Logitech THX Z-5300 surround sound system
    LG 27inch monitor

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Can you return your motherboard and buy the SLI supported Professional edition?

This might work, check it out: HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards) - techPowerUp! Forums

Quote Originally Posted by richard694000 View Post
    I have the professional And SLI is covered in the manual. Its a fatality board. I can't see how a co. makes a gaming board and doesn't support both. Since you have the parts you might as well try it. Wont hurt right.
    No it's strange that Professional supports it and not Performace.. SLI-Bridge will come in a few hours. Can't wait.
    Thanks for reply. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    Can you return your motherboard and buy the SLI supported Professional edition?

This might work, check it out: HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards) - techPowerUp! Forums
    Thank you.

I don't know man. My motherboard is bought last year. I think I will talk to my supplier and we might can work something out. If it doesn't work with SLI I mean.

I hope you post back. There seems to be some lacking info on where the SLI can run, normally the chipset use to dictate, but now with newer chipsets, northbridges intergraded, seems to be confusing what actually dictates SLI or crossfire. From what I see, you can use two cards, but SLI shouldn't enable, only crossfire. Bench one card then both if it does actually enable, to see if it really working.

They sure need a caution on the quad crossfire, two slots, quad, only two dual single cards.

parsec is offline Senior Member

I wonder if this is simply a matter of ASR not paying the licensing fees for SLI on this board, or more to it. IMO, one board lacking SLI does not mean they favor AMD.

But, all the Intel 7 series chipset boards cheaper than the Fatal1ty Z77 Pro-M, do not support SLI, at least in their specs. So what's the difference, an additional chip on the board to support SLI, or just licensing fees?

Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    I hope you post back. There seems to be some lacking info on where the SLI can run, normally the chipset use to dictate, but now with newer chipsets, northbridges intergraded, seems to be confusing what actually dictates SLI or crossfire. From what I see, you can use two cards, but SLI shouldn't enable, only crossfire. Bench one card then both if it does actually enable, to see if it really working.

They sure need a caution on the quad crossfire, two slots, quad, only two dual single cards.
    I will. Problem with mail service so my SLI-bridge have not arrived yet. Tomorrow I should have it.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I wonder if this is simply a matter of ASR not paying the licensing fees for SLI on this board, or more to it. IMO, one board lacking SLI does not mean they favor AMD.

But, all the Intel 7 series chipset boards cheaper than the Fatal1ty Z77 Pro-M, do not support SLI, at least in their specs. So what's the difference, an additional chip on the board to support SLI, or just licensing fees?
    Do you know if there is a Asrock support staff here?

I think u are right. Asrock doesn't wanna pay to get the SLI-license for a cheap mobo that people won't buy SLI on anyway. Just me maybe....

I have a new question. What is the difference between x16 and x4?

- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot (PCIE1: x16 mode)
    - 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (PCIE3: x4 mode)

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information