Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: W8 doesn't recognize my front jack port

Crisan Caius is offline Junior Member

Default W8 doesn't recognize my front jack port

Hello,

I recently(1-2weeks) installed Windows 8 Pro over W7 Pro. Really like it but my problem is W8 doesn't seem to recognize my front jack and USB port. This wasn't the case with W7 as I was able to have my system plugged in the back and headphone in front jack, both working.

I've tried installing drivers of the soundboard, usb drivers nothing works. I've checked the sound devices disabled but headphones(or another playback device) is not even listed, so i really don't know what to do. I've also inquired about this in Windows 8 Q8A so i can be wrong blaming either my Operating system or my Motherboard.

Here are some PC specs:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    Motherboard: Asrock p5b-de
    Graphics: NVidia GeForce 560 GTX ti
    Audio: High Definition Audio Device (integrated)

Any advice would be really appreciated

Thanks for your time,
    Crisan.

Default Re: W8 doesn't recognize my front jack port

Your motherboard is not set for windows 8, so if win 8 did not have the generic drivers, you need to install them, or the drivers that it installed won't function the hardware with win 8.

Your BIOS was not modded for windows 8, this means you might have poor performance, but the only way to know is to bench win 7, then 8.

Go to devise MGR and look under sound, what does it show for sound, is it flagged, same for USB, look under UBS controllers, are there any flags.

Run windows update and go to change settings, then make sure give recommended updates is checked, then check for updates, if you don't get any sound or USB, you will have to try a different or newer driver then what you have.

They are updating the asrock site right now so I can't look around but will in a while, or unless someone else posts some for you.

For your audio, look in program features in control panel, if you installed the audio from vista or win 7, if you did not then just install this, but if you installed any audio and it shows in programs, you need to UNINSTALL it first.

Download version 10.1200A

You have to go through the menu

Set 1- microsoft windows step 2-- win 8 64, step 3 - Audio, Step 4- First line, VT 1708S- now you will get a page that has Download version 10.1200A

Here is the newest VIA audio driver - http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp
    Last edited by odiebugs; 03-30-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Crisan Caius is offline Junior Member

Default Re: W8 doesn't recognize my front jack port

I've gone through what you described earlier. No flags in device manager, just checked for updates but there are none left to install.
    I haven't installed any W7/Vista drivers, i did a clean and fresh install. I am downloading the driver you have provided and will update asap.
    As a sidenote, i do have NVidia HD Audio Driver(latest) that came with my graphics driver but i don't think this to be the problem as i had this one installed in W7 and had no problems whatsoever.

Thread Information