Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock FM2A75 Pro-4-M 5 Beeps at POST

risingfish is offline Junior Member

Default ASRock FM2A75 Pro-4-M 5 Beeps at POST

Hi, I'm in the process of rebuilding my HTPC and am starting with the FM2A75 Pro-4-M 5 as the base. Everything is assembled and I can boot. However, I am getting 5 beeps at boot and have been unable to track down what that means. ASRocks site directed me here, so my question is is anyone here familiar with that code?

Thanks!
    R

Default Re: ASRock FM2A75 Pro-4-M 5 Beeps at POST

Hello and Welcome.

Have you entered the BIOS and specified which video, PCI(-e) or APU, you're using?

Also, please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' so that we know what you have there system-wise.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Hey, thanks wardog. I don't have my discreet card installed at the moment (Radeon 7750), and am trying to get it working with just the APU. I can boot get into the BIOS fine, and have even started to install Windows 7. Unfortunately the install random crashes, so I have a hunch something is going on in the hardware.

Check your memory with MemTest86+.

Also, double check the video card is fully seated.

It's crashing even when the APU is being used?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

I'm only using the APU at the moment, so the discrete card isn't a variable right now. I fired up memtest86+ and do see something kind of odd. It sees the RAM as 320Mhz DDR640 running with a CAS timing of 1-3-3-3. It also thinks is only DDR2. I'm going to grab a couple sticks out of my main desk top and throw it in there and see what happens.

Nevermind, memtest86+ sees my known good RAM from my main box as DDR2 as well. It must not be able to recognize DDR3. I just realized I could update the BIOS from within the BIOS itself so I am going to give that a try. I'm a few versions behind.

Oh happy days! Looks like the new BIOS fixed what ever was causing the beep. Plus they fixed the BIOS GUI, which was awful. Thank you for taking the time to lend a hand wardog!

NP, glad you're running there.

Nothing like a new build with issues.

Thread Information