Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Monitor problems

Default Monitor problems

Hi everyone...I have a FM2A85X Extreme 4 M with a A10 5800K and it is a awesome combo for my HTPC. This is my first AMD set up and everything was working fine until the other day. When I tried to boot the monitor would not"engage"? I had to do a hard restart for it to work. The mobo just goes to a certain part of the post and then just stops. I do a restart and all is fine. I'm using Linux Mint 14 also for the first time and before I put this all together for good (on a test bench now) I would like to resolve this if possible. Could this be a mobo problem or a monitor problem? I have the latest bios.1.30 and all drivers are up to date. As said in the beginning this just "crop"up, with no warning what so ever.Any suggestion or opinions?? I don't know where to start. I'm using the on board graphics.
    Thanks...
    Last edited by av8tor; 04-09-2013 at 06:02 AM.
    EP45T-USB3P Rev 1.0 Bios F1
    Q8400 2.66GHZ FSB 1333 MHZ LGA 775 45nm OCed 3.2
    Rosewill RCX-Z2 CPU HSF
    8GBs (4x2) G.Skill RipjawsX CL9 1.5v
    Kingwin Lazer Modular 1000W PSU White LED/ Blue LED /OFF
    2x WD Caviar Black 640GB HDD 7200 RPM
    2x Lite-ON DVD/CD Burner
    EVGA GeForce GTS450 SC
    Saitek Cyborg Gaming Keyboard-Backlit
    Cyborg R.A.T.7 Gaming Mouse
    Raidmax Smilodon Case ATX w/2 x 120mm, 3 x Rozwell 80mm fans, 1x 80mm Video Card Fan
    Evercool Ram Cooler
    Windows 7 Professional
    FS9/FSX /X-Plane
    Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Rudders, Dual Throttle Quadrants
    ACER 21.5" HD Widescreen 1920x1080 x3
    Matrox TH2G

Default Re: Monitor problems

Your three Acer's, how are they connected back to the MB? One each VGA, DVI, and HDMI?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Default Re: Monitor problems

Try only the VGA to one monitor. If it works, confirm that VGA connection works across the other remaining two.

If VGA works reliably across all three, I'd be thinking it could be HDCP related and I'd consider replacing either (or both) the DVI or HDMI cables.

Assuming it is HDCP related, you can sub in a new HDMI cable and test too as it's probably the HDMI cable and or its end connections giving you this problem.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thread Information