Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock FM2A85X-itx only boot when cmos is cleared over and over

Banditech is offline Junior Member

Default Asrock FM2A85X-itx only boot when cmos is cleared over and over

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD, I NO LONGER NEED THIS LONG EXPLANATION: PROBLEM SIMPLIFIED HERE: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...tml#post454726

I have this board FM2A85X-itx with the amd a10-5800k and a hd radeon 6670 with corsair 1600mhz 4gb rams .. well you can see the specs below too.

So I installed windows 8 on my OCZ 60GB without connecting the 500GB Seagate drive (so that it wouldn't put any system files there) and it worked... restarted ok and done. Now it gets a little blurry, I connected the 500gb drive, it booted up. I installed all drives, it booted up. then randomly... it shut off. So i turned it back on and this is the loop: it turns on, show the windows logo and turn off. after i turn it on again, I no longer get any video nor sounds, so what do I do? I reset the BIOS. After I reset the BIOS it works for just ONE restart. If I were to restart or shutdown the computer, it will show the windows logo and turn off, again, if i turn it back on, it will no display anything.

So... I think there's something that windows 8 changes on the BIOS when it boots up after being resetted. I tried disabling core m6, cool n quiet, my ram default to 1333Mhz but i change it to 1600mhz (though I stopped doing that too). Maybe I have to install windows 8 as uefi boot (though i haven't done that before), well, this asrock BIOS is pretty complex I build custom PCs for a living, but since windows 8 and uefi came out I get many problems (and don't get me started on overclocking lol), if someone can point me to a place where all this is explained detailed i'd much appreciate.

But anywyas, this is my main computer and I can't use it, which basically slows my business because now I have to use my laptop and an old system. Has anyone encountered this? if so, how have you solved it? do any of you think its a driver problem? please respond, I might just end up putting windows 7 on it if I can't get it to work. Thanks
    Last edited by Banditech; 04-13-2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: CLOSING

Banditech is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock FM2A85X-itx only boot when cmos is cleared over and over

UPDATE!

I just noticed this, I dind't even install the vga card now... it must be something with the bios. after windows installing, and installing the drivers from the dvd included on the box. If I do a shutdown and try to boot up again, I will get the asrock logo loading windows, but right there it shuts off (just like last time), and if I turn it on again, I don't get any display (just like last time).
    Is there something wrong with fast boot? or with a driver?

the way i can turn on the pc again is to either wait about 1 hour when all electricity has dissipated from the system, or just unplug the psu, press the power button (to forcefully dissipate all electricity) and the it will boot up normally.

I really don't understand what's going on, plesae help.

Thank you

Thread Information