Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 - FSB:DRAM ration

cynk42 is offline Junior Member

Default ASRock 990FX Extreme3 - FSB:DRAM ration

Hi,

I have just acquired a new motherboard for my PC. To be more specific it's the ASRock 990FX Extreme3 edition, all good but I have a few issues.

- FSB:DRAM ratio is 3:10, how do I need to setup my DRAM and PC freq to have 1:1 (PC Specs at the bottom at the post)
    - Almost every time I restart/shutdown my PC I have turn off the power supply and turn it on again to start the pc, if I don't do this it will remain on a black screen.
    - What is the latest BIOS version for this motherboard? how can I update the bios(if needed)?

Thanks in advance for the answers, below you have my pc config.

AMD FX-6300 black edition ~ 3.5Ghz
    ASRock 990FX Extreme3
    16GB(4x4GB) Kingston HyperX T1 16GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9 Quad Channel Kit
    2x Nvidia 460 GTX in SLi
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit OS

Default Re: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 - FSB:DRAM ratio

Also I have tried to set the DRAM frequency to 1866MHz in BIOS but no success it remains to 1333Mhz, you can see in the screenshots below(Bios&CPUZ), I set the profile but it's not taken in consideration. Any suggestions?

Default Re: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 - FSB:DRAM ration

Hmm, check that the CR(Command Rate) is properly set to 2 in "DRAM Timing Control"

Also, the primary timings displayed in those pics? Have you gone in and changed the primary timings? They don't jive with what XMP specs are reported to be in the SPD chip.

And have you set an OC using the automatic OC capabilities in the OC Tweaker page of the BIOS?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

What make an model of PSU? Link to the specific one used please as variations can affect replies.

Quote Originally Posted by cynk42 View Post
    16GB(4x4GB) Kingston HyperX T1 16GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9 Quad Channel Kit
    What's the 4x4GB kit part number for these?

The latest BIOS is easy enough to discover on your own. I'm always surprised by folks who have to ask.

Go to
    ASRock > 990FX Extreme3
    In the upper left of the page select Download then select BIOS Download

How to flash? On the same page above is the "Instant Flash' type, my rec'd method here, of the BIOS files. There is one there with a red + , click on it and directions are given within.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Hmm, check that the CR(Command Rate) is properly set to 2 in "DRAM Timing Control"
    I will do this
    LE: I have checked and it's AUTO to 2T
    Also, the primary timings displayed in those pics? Have you gone in and changed the primary timings? They don't jive with what XMP specs are reported to be in the SPD chip.
    I even set the timings my self proper for the 1866 but still no result. Now they are on AUTO

And have you set an OC using the automatic OC capabilities in the OC Tweaker page of the BIOS?
    The OC is using auto
    What make an model of PSU? Link to the specific one used please as variations can affect replies.
    I have a OCZ 750W Fatal1ty series - OCZ Fatal1ty (Fatality) 750W Power Supply

What's the 4x4GB kit part number for these?
    I just put that to know that I have 4 modules of 4GB each 16GB total.

I will look into the CR and come back with the data.

Thanks for the reply
    PS: I already have the latest bios 1.50(I found that after the first post)
    Last edited by cynk42; 04-13-2013 at 12:04 AM.

I will do this
    LE: I have checked and it's AUTO to 2T
    Please, just create a new post when replying. I don't get a notice of new post sent if you edit in a reply.

I just put that to know that I have 4 modules of 4GB each 16GB total.
    Again please, you're asking for help with memory related questions but not providing info on what memory your using.

So you have 4 sticks of 4gb each and I am allowed to see what one of the sticks are in the pic posted. Just what do you have then? Mixed grab bag?

So as me and anyone else isn't left in the dark playing hit and miss with our questions, as customary when asking for help on a Forum please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' with as much detail as you care to provide so that we know what you have there system-wise. We can only work with what you provide us with.

Sorry for the late reply. I have 4 memory pcs. all the same. I cannot find them on the Kingston website the only info is the one I wrote in the first post

16GB Kingston HyperX T1 16GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9 Quad Channel Kit

Producer: KINGSTON
    Series : HyperX T1
    Memory type: DDR3
    Size: 16 GB
    Frequency: 1866 Mhz
    Kit Quad Channel : 4x 4 GB
    Latency CAS : 9 CL
    Radiator : HyperX T1
    Standard : PC3-15000
    Voltage : 1.65 V

Thread Information