Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    california
    Posts
    5

    Default Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0

    So Ive enabled raid in my bios and set up my 2 drives on a raid however im not able to install my control driver, it gives an error of "no new devices could be found. make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media". I will be trying to use a different driver. if anyone could help that would be great! thank you.

    My Build

    Asrock x79 Extreme 4m
    intel core i7 3820 3.6
    2 500 gb wd blue SATA hdd
    150gb wd caviar ide hdd
    hp dvd writer
    Last edited by Ansatsusha; 04-20-2013 at 01:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    california
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ansatsusha View Post
    So Ive enabled raid in my bios and set up my 2 drives on a raid however im not able to install my control driver, it gives an error of "no new devices could be found. make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media". I will be trying to use a different driver. if anyone could help that would be great! thank you.

    My Build

    Asrock x79 Extreme 4m
    intel core i7 3820 3.6
    2 500 gb wd blue SATA hdd
    150gb wd caviar ide hdd
    hp dvd writer
    I've located a driver that sort of works but it gives a different error, it says that the driver i have is out of date, ive searched for an updated version but ive had no luck, if anyone can help id greatly appreciate it, thank you again.

  3. #3
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0

    If you're installing a driver during the Windows 7 installation, this is the one you want, from your board's download page:

    Intel SATA Floppy Image (RSTe) ver: 3.5.0.1101

    ASRock > X79 Extreme4-M

    The download file is a .zip file, you must extract the files from it. The resulting files should then be copied to a USB flash drive, which you insert into a USB 2.0 port on the rear I/O panel of the PC. Windows should find it, and list the driver, select it and click next.

    Did you try to use the IRST driver, instead of the RSTe driver?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    california
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0

    i tried every driver listed on the site none worked.i will try again

  5. #5
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0

    The BIOS version you use will make a difference with which drivers you can use. If you use BIOS version 2.10 or earlier, you must use the RSTe drivers, the "F6 Floppy Intel SATA Floppy Image (RSTe) ver: 3.5.0.1101" RAID driver during the Windows installation, and the full RSTe driver installer after Windows is installed, Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise driver and utility ver:3.5.0.1101. The X79 chipset is the ONLY Intel PC chipset that uses RSTe, all the others use IRST, they are not interchangeable.

    BIOS version 2.50 allows both versions of the Intel RAID software, RSTe and IRST, to be used. Regardless of which one is used, you must use either both of the RSTe drivers, or both of the IRST drives.

    Is the problem you are having happening when you are installing Windows? What BIOS version do you have?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    california
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0

    yes it happens as im trying to install win 7. after ive already configured bios and set up the raid by pressing ctrl-i. the bios that im using is as544171 i believe.

  7. #7
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ansatsusha View Post
    yes it happens as im trying to install win 7. after ive already configured bios and set up the raid by pressing ctrl-i. the bios that im using is as544171 i believe.
    I have no idea where or how you saw "as544171" as the version of your BIOS. You can find it on the main BIOS display, or it is shown in AXTU.

    This is a partial listing of all the BIOS versions for your board, and the popup box when a download is selected:

    Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0-x79bios-png

    You may want to check what version you have, if you've never updated it, since you can only use the RSTe RAID driver unless you have BIOS 2.50 or greater.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    california
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I have no idea where or how you saw "as544171" as the version of your BIOS. You can find it on the main BIOS display, or it is shown in AXTU.

    This is a partial listing of all the BIOS versions for your board, and the popup box when a download is selected:

    Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0-x79bios-png

    You may want to check what version you have, if you've never updated it, since you can only use the RSTe RAID driver unless you have BIOS 2.50 or greater.
    you will laugh at me, so my old drives with an MBR for the os on it was interfering with my install of another OS

  9. #9
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Asrock X79 issue installing win7 on a raid 0

    No laughing from me, any problem that seems simple once we learn what the problem is, still caused us pain and grief. Many details to remember, easy to forget one or two.

    Format that drive and then delete the new volume, but you probably did that already.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •