Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z77 Extreme6 and eSATA port multiplier compatibility

Default Re: Z77 Extreme6 and eSATA port multiplier compatibility

Might come off as a silly question but here goes ........

Have you installed the specific ASMedia SATA3 driver, v1.3.1, from the Z77ex6 download page? The itb Windows drivers(?) won't support PM functions.

eSata can get complicated. Try this, with the HF2 connected and powered up install the driver I mention above. If by chance you already DO have that specific driver installed currently, uninstall the driver, reboot, and with the HF2 connected and powered (re-)install that driver.

If on the off chance that doesn't work let me know and I'll fill one of the LaCie Biggest S2S 5 drive PM boxes here and test with my ex6
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Have you installed the specific ASMedia SATA3 driver, v1.3.1, from the Z77ex6 download page? The itb Windows drivers(?) won't support PM functions.
    Er, um, or whatever vX.X.X ASMedia SATA3 driver is appropriate for your OS on the ex6 download page.

Sorry, just noticed there are different v's available for different OS's.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

In Windows 7, I have ASMedia 106x SATA Controller 1.3.9.0. In Windows XP, I have 1.3.1.0.

Again, when I tested one of my hard drives in SATA3_A2, my UEFI did not detect the presence of a drive. When I tested an external drive in the eSATA port, my UEFI did not detect the presence of any drive. Both are shared headers; when one has a drive connected, the other must be disconnected, which I did. The presence of a drive was not detected in either port in Win7 or WinXP. Clearing the CMOS did not solve the problem. SATA3_A2 and eSATA are still non-functional. The other 7 SATA headers work perfectly.
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 07-06-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information