Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: MultiCore Acceleration

Default MultiCore Acceleration

Anybody know if the Fatality Z77 Pro-M / Z77 Extreme4-M / Z77 Pro4-M support MultiCore Acceleration (sometimes called MultiCore Turbo Enhancement) Thanks.
    Last edited by WoodyUK; 05-24-2013 at 09:49 PM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: MultiCore Acceleration

The only ASRock board that may have that "feature" is the Z77 OC Formula. ASUS and Gigabyte use that on some of their boards.

Basically, it's just a built in slight OC that is applied when the board/CPU is otherwise not over clocked at all. All it does is bypass one of the "rules" for Turbo that Intel has for SB and IB CPUs. That is, it lets all cores run at the highest Turbo speed, instead of just one.

But, since my ASRock board (Z77 EX 4) has the Turbo limit settings set to Infinite by default, and allows all the cores to run at whatever multiplier I choose for as long as I choose, this so called feature is worthless, and is just a trick to attract users that don't understand how these boards really can over clock.

I'm surprised that some people think this so called feature is a big deal, since I've never seen an enthusiast mother board that actually followed Intel's rules for Turbo in the first place. If they did follow the rules, no one would be able to OC their SB or IB CPUs.

Akis is offline Junior Member

Default Re: MultiCore Acceleration

Wow that feature sounds nice for a normal user.

Thread Information