Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Quick Questions About Game Blaster Compatability

Tedstir is offline Junior Member

Question Quick Questions About Game Blaster Compatability

I am trying to decide on upgrading from my Z68 Pro Gen3 to a new Z77 board. I read that the Game Blaster is only compatible with a couple of Z77s. My desire is to purchase a Z77 OC but I wanted to check the following:

1.) Will the OC ever be compatible with the Game Blaster?

2.) With the upcoming 1150 socket boards should I wait?

3.) Would a X79 board be a better long term upgrade (I will need to SLI in 12-18 mos)?

4.) Cost of adding a Game Blaster Card?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Quick Questions About Game Blaster Compatability

Regarding compatibility of the Game Blaster card, which only works with ASRock boards, check the list here:

ASRock > Products > Game Blaster

Wait for socket 1150/Haswell CPUs? No difference in the PCI-e lanes between it and SB or IB CPU boards, but IB and Haswell CPUs support PCI-e 3.0 speed. Support for Game Blaster on ASRock Haswell boards remains to be seen.

X79 boards will provide 2 x PCI-e x 16 lanes, that is not available on the other Intel platforms. But, PCI-e 3.0 support is really not available on X79. Will IBe CPUs bring PCI-e 3.0 support? They should, but we'll see how well current X79 boards work with IBe CPUs.

This cards price? I can't find them sold separately, or a way to buy them through ASRock.

Tedstir is offline Junior Member

Cool Re: Quick Questions About Game Blaster Compatability

Thank You. This information gives me a better path/track for upgrading to my next platform.

Thread Information