Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock 970 Extreme 3

Default Asrock 970 Extreme 3

I got some new computer parts to make a test rig and everything seems to be a problem in regards to the MB. I will start by listing all the components used in this build:

MB- ASrock 970 Extreme 3 P1.60
    Proc- AMD FX 6 core
    Ram- Mushkin 8 gig (2 4gig sticks)
    SSD- ADATA SP9000 64 gig (2 drives)
    Vid- MSI 550 GTX
    PSU- OCZ 700w Mod X stream pro
    Drive- Super Write Master Cd/Dvd rom
    Windows 7 64 bit

If specific model numbers/links are wanted to provide help I can post those as well.

Here is the issue everything brand new out of the box seems to work no problem. The issue I am having is setting up Raid 0 setup with the 2 ADATA drives. UEFI doesnt recognize the drives, but when you go through the Built-in EFI Shall prompt it shows the drives as a Raid 0 setup. It wont show any other boot drives either under boot it purely shows the following:

Boot Option #1 Built-in EFI Shell
    Boot Option #2 UEFI: SCSI CD/DVD Drive Hard Drive

no matter how you flop those it always boots into the UEFI Setup Utility. All I want to do is config the drives in a Raid 0 setup install windows 7 on that Raid 0 and I will be good to go. I have tried following all the how to guides on the ASrock site to no luck I have yet to get anything going. Any and all Help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by jmanjr82; 05-29-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Asrock 970 Extreme 3

I actually went in and changed a few settings and got it to show the Raid 0, now when I try to install windows I get this:

A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step.

Thread Information