Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASROCK Z77 motherboard no display.

Default ASROCK Z77 motherboard no display.

As the title says, I'm not getting any display from my new ASROCK Z77. I have tried a lot of things, and here's where I am now:
    My 2 year old motherboard works fine with just the power (both the 24 pin and a 4 pin), the CPU, a stick of RAM, the power switch, fans, and a graphics card. For some reason the built in graphics didn't work, l don't know why.
    I plug in everything the exact same way, granted there is and extra 4 power pins on this new motherboard, and without the power switch as the motherboard has one built in. Everything turns on, the bulit in buttons lights come one, a numeric display lights up, all the fans run, but the monitors continuously get no signal. I have tried both HDMI and DVI in every combination I can think of with and with out the graphics card. The RAM came in a package deal from Newegg, so I can't think that compatibility would be the issue. Everything seems to be working perfectly, except the display signals. Any thoughts what may be wrong?

Default Re: ASROCK Z77 motherboard no display.

Have you tried a different video cable - it could be as simple as your existing one is shot - I know its totally obvious and I apologize for that but you would be surprised how many people use a different cable for testing the discrete card and iGPU only to find the one thing they are trying to test has a faulty cable.

Do you have a motherboard speaker connected - I am presuming not, if you have one can you connect it and see if you get a series of beeps from the PC when you are trying to use the iGPU, if it does beep you may have a motherboard fault - some google may help.

Also have you checked the bios to ensure that the option for the iGPU is enabled.

Even if it is enabled have you recently done a bios upgrade, if so I would recommend setting BIOS to default settings and then setting even if you have to toggle it off and then on the iGPU.

Failing that try a full CMOS reset by button if you have it, 10 min battery removal if you don't.

Barring that - nothing else I can think of off the top of my head.

parsec is offline Senior Member

You have an ASRock Z77 board... there are 17 ASRock Z77 boards.

You have told us nothing about your hardware, not what CPU, power supply, memory, monitor, and mother board you have.

Without specific information, as in the complete model number for at the very least your CPU and mother board, it is very difficult to help you.

Please list your full system specs if you want help, have you turned on the onboard video in the bios? You may have to clear Cmos too after switching it over.
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

Sorry about the lack of adequate details. But I actually go this working, I have no idea why though, but I'll explain what I did. Firstly, I couldn't access the BIOS as I got absolutly no display, whenever I plugged in the monitors, they just said "No Signal". They would realize a cable was plugged in, but wouldn't sense any input.

Here is the hardware I initially had.

Power Supply:Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power (Antec BP550 Plus ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 (ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com)
    CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I32100 - Newegg.com)
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 (Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model BLS8G3D1609ES2LX0 - Newegg.com)
    Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB (SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI Express Video Card with Eyefinity (100315L) - Newegg.com)

But I managed to borrow a friends RAM:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 (G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ - Newegg.com)

and then for some reason it worked, I then changed the processor to my new i5: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K - Newegg.com) and went back to the originial Crucial RAM, and that worked. So either the RAM and CPUs didn't like each other, or something else was up. I checked my connections dozens of times, but I could have made a mistake I suppose.

Thanks for your help though.

Quote Originally Posted by kateus View Post
    Sorry about the lack of adequate details. But I actually go this working, I have no idea why though, but I'll explain what I did. Firstly, I couldn't access the BIOS as I got absolutly no display, whenever I plugged in the monitors, they just said "No Signal". They would realize a cable was plugged in, but wouldn't sense any input.

Here is the hardware I initially had.

Power Supply:Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power (Antec BP550 Plus ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 (ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com)
    CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I32100 - Newegg.com)
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 (Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model BLS8G3D1609ES2LX0 - Newegg.com)
    Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB (SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI Express Video Card with Eyefinity (100315L) - Newegg.com)

But I managed to borrow a friends RAM:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 (G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ - Newegg.com)

and then for some reason it worked, I then changed the processor to my new i5: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K - Newegg.com) and went back to the originial Crucial RAM, and that worked. So either the RAM and CPUs didn't like each other, or something else was up. I checked my connections dozens of times, but I could have made a mistake I suppose.

Thanks for your help though.
    NP: It would have been nice to know the cause, I feel from what you described though that it may have been bios settings out of sync with everything else. Good that you got it going though.

Thread Information