Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Z87 Extreme4

Default Asrock Z87 Extreme4

Hello,

This is my first post so be gentle :)

From this day i am proud owner of Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 and 4770k but i have problems with it. From what i have found out it could be my memory (it's not defect was working properly this morning on Z77 Extreme6 with 2600k). I have problems with OC-ing the 4770K, when i load profile 4.4GHz everything works fine, i even played couple of BF3 parties without a problem. Issue that i have is with Prime 95, when i start it it immediatly freezes my computer and i need to restart or turn it down. I am playing with settings all day long and from what i have found out i believe it's the non-compatible memory. On site says that these modules are supported :
    DDR3 2400 4GB Kingston KHX24C11K4/16X DS v v v
    DDR3 2400 4GB Kingston F3-2400C11Q-16GXM DS v v v
    DDR3 2400 4GB Kingston KHX24C11T2K2/8X DS v v v

And i have KHX2400C11D3/4GX which are the problems. I mean system is working (for now) but i am afraid that something will burn this way. And changing memory doesnt come to my mind, cause it's a really good and stable memory and was working properly on Z77 mobo. And one more thing i have H100 cooling the 4770K and the temps are ridicolous, i mean stock temps are 32 - 33 degrees celsius but when you put load on CPU it goes to 90+ degrees! which is really normal or really bad.

Anyway i would love to hear from Asrock technicians or from user that have this mobo to see if i did something wrong maybe?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Best regards
    Mladen

Default Re: Asrock Z87 Extreme4

Dear Mladen,

For the memory module "KHX2400C11D3/4GX", I couldn't find this memory module on Kingston website.
    There is only "KHX2400C11D3K4/8GX" on Kingston website, so I did the test with the memory module.

Below is my test configuration:
    M/B: Z87 Extreme4
    CPU: i7-4770K
    Memory: KHX2400C11D3K4/8GX
    Cooler: Corsair H100
    BIOS version: P1.50
    BIOS setting: a. Load CPU OC profile to 4.4GHz
    b. Load Memory XMP profile to DDR3-2400

System run Prime95 test for 30 minutes and it works well.
    And the temperature of CPU is only around 80 degrees after full loading for 30 minutes.

For the freeze issue, please kindly update the latest BIOS P1.50 from below link to try.
    Link: ASRock > Z87 Extreme4

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Thread Information