Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Do Asrock Z87 motherboards support XP?

Default Do Asrock Z87 motherboards support XP?

I swore I saw downloads for XP drivers on the Extreme 4 page the other day but they seem to be removed.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Do Asrock Z87 motherboards support XP?

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Priest View Post
    I swore I saw downloads for XP drivers on the Extreme 4 page the other day but they seem to be removed.
    Z87 boards supporting XP? OMG no! None of the Intel drivers for the 8 series chipsets are supported by XP or Vista, Windows 7 is the "oldest" OS that can be used with 8 series chipset boards.

The features of these new boards and CPUs are to new and different for XP and Vista to work with. XP has no more consumer level support from MS, and frankly I don't want the drivers for Windows 7 and 8 held back by making them compatible with XP and Vista, IF that is even possible.

If a few drivers were listed for XP, or most of them, and later they were removed, that was the right move. Including XP and Vista in the driver list would be a mistake, plain and simple.

renegade44 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Do Asrock Z87 motherboards support XP?

No PCI support either. You need a 3rd party chip to get it. Unless you absolutely need XP to make stuff work (like the US Veterans Administration Hospitals where I had a brief stay last year) you should be dumping it and moving to Win7 if for no other reason security.
    Mobo: ASrock Z77 Exteme4
    CPU: i5-3570K 4.2G
    CPU Heatsink : Hyper 212 EVO
    RAM: Ripjaw F3-12800CL9-4GBRL 2x4GB
    GFX: MSI GTX650
    PSU: Lepa 500W
    SSD: PNY XLR8 240GB (C:)
    SSD: OCZ Agiliity 3 240GB (refurb)
    Storage: Seagate 7200.12 1TB
    Storage: Seagate 7200.12 500GB

Thread Information