Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Z87 Extreme 6 BSOD: POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA (de)




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    14

    Unhappy Z87 Extreme 6 BSOD, maybe caused by bad ram stick

    Issue:
    BSOD POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA (de) when moving files between HDD.
    with BIOS 1.20, it's 100% reproducible
    with BIOS 1.40, NOT 100% reproducible


    CPU: 4770k in stock freq + Prolimatech Basic 81
    PSU: Antec EA 750
    VideoCard: GTX680
    SSD: Toshiba THNSNH256GBST, I have Win8 X64 installed on it
    HDD: WD10EALS-00Z8A0 * 2,
    Both SSD & HDD are connected to Intel SATA connectors.
    Intel SATA configured to AHCI
    Intel INF Driver version: 9.4.0.1017

    Any suggestions on how to diagnose this issue? Many thanks

    Below is the WinDbg output.
    Code:
    POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA (de)
    A driver corrupted pool memory used for holding pages destined for disk.
    This was discovered by the memory manager when dereferencing the file.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000002
    Arg2: fffff8a013473a18
    Arg3: fffff8a013673a19
    Arg4: 000000001a8e58c0
    
    Debugging Details:
    ------------------
    
    Page 3f306e not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
    
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
    
    BUGCHECK_STR:  0xDE
    
    PROCESS_NAME:  explorer.exe
    
    CURRENT_IRQL:  2
    
    LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80141657176 to fffff801414ca440
    
    STACK_TEXT:  
    fffff880`091f0408 fffff801`41657176 : 00000000`000000de 00000000`00000002 fffff8a0`13473a18 fffff8a0`13673a19 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
    fffff880`091f0410 fffff801`4156169b : 00000002`7ab40000 fffffa80`0d8fed00 fffffa80`0e5fd0c8 00000000`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x2ae97
    fffff880`091f04c0 fffff801`415632bd : fffffa80`0d8fedf0 fffffa80`0f545c00 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0f545c30 : nt!CcPurgeCacheSection+0x13b
    fffff880`091f0530 fffff801`4151bccf : fffffa80`0d8fedf0 fffff801`41768840 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt!CcPurgeAndClearCacheSection+0xc5
    fffff880`091f05e0 fffff880`0166e419 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0a628c50 00000000`00000000 : nt!CcSetFileSizesEx+0x1ff
    fffff880`091f0660 fffff880`0170c3a3 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`091f0761 7fffffff`ffffffff fffff880`091f0701 : Ntfs!NtfsSetBothCacheSizes+0x5d
    fffff880`091f06d0 fffff880`016fbd7e : fffff880`09f2e600 fffffa80`0df1a070 fffff8a0`0a628c01 00000000`00000000 : Ntfs!NtfsDeleteAllocation+0x29f
    fffff880`091f07b0 fffff880`017175de : fffff880`09f2e600 fffff880`09f2e801 fffff8a0`0a628c50 fffffa80`00000101 : Ntfs!NtfsDeleteAllocationFromRecord+0x16e
    fffff880`091f0870 fffff880`01732e85 : fffff8a0`0a628b20 00000000`00000705 00000000`00000705 fffff8a0`0a628c50 : Ntfs!NtfsDeleteFile+0x3fe
    fffff880`091f0b30 fffff880`01737459 : fffffa80`0e23d9d0 fffffa80`1000fbd0 fffff880`09f2e570 fffffa80`0fc09b00 : Ntfs!NtfsCommonCleanup+0x1715
    fffff880`091f0f50 fffff801`414c4b27 : fffff880`09f2e570 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : Ntfs!NtfsCommonCleanupCallout+0x19
    fffff880`091f0f80 fffff801`414c4aed : fffff880`09f2e600 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 fffff801`4151fab8 : nt!KxSwitchKernelStackCallout+0x27
    fffff880`09f2e3d0 fffff801`4151fab8 : 00000000`00000006 fffff880`09f2e600 00000000`00000006 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSwitchKernelStackContinue
    fffff880`09f2e3f0 fffff801`415223f5 : fffff880`01737440 fffff880`09f2e570 fffff880`09f2e800 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeExpandKernelStackAndCalloutInternal+0x218
    fffff880`09f2e4f0 fffff880`017304cf : fffff880`09f2e600 fffff880`09f2e600 fffffa80`1024ebd0 00000001`00000000 : nt!KeExpandKernelStackAndCalloutEx+0x25
    fffff880`09f2e530 fffff880`015784ee : fffffa80`0dbf6010 fffff880`01577a6c fffffa80`1024ebd0 00000000`00001712 : Ntfs!NtfsFsdCleanup+0x1af
    fffff880`09f2e820 fffff880`015760b6 : fffffa80`0ec36de0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`1024ebd0 00000000`00000000 : fltmgr!FltpLegacyProcessingAfterPreCallbacksCompleted+0x25e
    fffff880`09f2e8c0 fffff801`418ab846 : fffffa80`0d661470 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 0000001f`00010000 : fltmgr!FltpDispatch+0xb6
    fffff880`09f2e920 fffff801`418a3120 : 00000000`746c6644 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!IopCloseFile+0x146
    fffff880`09f2e9b0 fffff801`418a3342 : fffff8a0`02647d80 fffffa80`0fc09b00 00000000`000017fc 00000000`00000001 : nt!ObpDecrementHandleCount+0xc0
    fffff880`09f2ea50 fffff801`414c9453 : fffffa80`0fc09b00 fffffa80`0fc09b00 fffff880`09f2eb80 00000000`00000000 : nt!NtClose+0x212
    fffff880`09f2eb00 000007fb`de532c9a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
    00000000`16fde3b8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x000007fb`de532c9a
    
    
    STACK_COMMAND:  kb
    
    FOLLOWUP_IP: 
    nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2ae97
    fffff801`41657176 cc              int     3
    
    SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  1
    
    SYMBOL_NAME:  nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2ae97
    
    FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner
    
    MODULE_NAME: nt
    
    IMAGE_NAME:  ntkrnlmp.exe
    
    DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  5165e551
    
    BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET:  2ae97
    
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0xDE_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_
    
    BUCKET_ID:  0xDE_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_
    
    Followup: MachineOwner
    Last edited by sunlite; 06-11-2013 at 06:14 PM.

  2. #2
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Z87 Extreme 6 BSOD: POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA (de)

    I don't have an absolute answer for you, the new Haswell/8 series chipset boards are quite different than previous platforms. The system power saving options have expanded beyond the CPU and now include RAM memory and the SATA interface, among others. There are other things besides those that could cause your problem.

    You've given us very little information about your PC and system configuration.

    What driver are you using for the Intel SATA controller?

    In the BIOS/UEFI, in the Storage Configuration section is "Aggressive SATA Link Power Management" enabled? If so, disable that as it causes my PC to fail during boot.

    What Windows Power Plan are you using? Have you changed any of the Advanced settings or are they the default settings?

    Do you see any problems (yellow ! symbols) in Device Manager?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Z87 Extreme 6 BSOD: POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA (de)

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I don't have an absolute answer for you, the new Haswell/8 series chipset boards are quite different than previous platforms. The system power saving options have expanded beyond the CPU and now include RAM memory and the SATA interface, among others. There are other things besides those that could cause your problem.

    You've given us very little information about your PC and system configuration.

    What driver are you using for the Intel SATA controller?

    In the BIOS/UEFI, in the Storage Configuration section is "Aggressive SATA Link Power Management" enabled? If so, disable that as it causes my PC to fail during boot.

    What Windows Power Plan are you using? Have you changed any of the Advanced settings or are they the default settings?

    Do you see any problems (yellow ! symbols) in Device Manager?
    Intel SATA Driver: 9.4.0.1017
    Aggressive SATA Link Power Management disabled,
    Power plan is "Performance", I changed the HDD sleep time from 20 to 0 in advanced settings
    There is no yellow question mark or red X in device Manager.

    Update: I did a sfc /scannow and I didn't have this issue so far. But it's still need time to watch.
    Last edited by sunlite; 06-10-2013 at 09:46 PM.

  4. #4
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Z87 Extreme 6 BSOD: POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA (de)

    Quote Originally Posted by sunlite View Post
    Intel SATA Driver: 9.4.0.1017
    Aggressive SATA Link Power Management disabled,
    Power plan is "Performance", I changed the HDD sleep time from 20 to 0 in advanced settings
    There is no yellow question mark or red X in device Manager.

    Update: I did a sfc /scannow and I didn't have this issue so far. But it's still need time to watch.
    An Intel SATA Driver: 9.4.0.1017 does not exist. You wrote earlier that you installed the Intel INF Driver version: 9.4.0.1017, but that only installs the INF files.

    The Intel SATA driver for your board is Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility ver:12.6.0.1033.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Z87 Extreme 6 BSOD: POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA (de)

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    An Intel SATA Driver: 9.4.0.1017 does not exist. You wrote earlier that you installed the Intel INF Driver version: 9.4.0.1017, but that only installs the INF files.

    The Intel SATA driver for your board is Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility ver:12.6.0.1033.
    Well, I have RST 12.5.0.1066 installed, I didn't found 12.6.0.1033 on intel.com download center.
    I tried Intel Burn Test, 10 rounds under maximum stress level, and passed.

    Some times the BSOD is memory_management ( 1a ),

    After several hours memtest, I found one stick has error and I removed it. I hope this is the root cause.
    Last edited by sunlite; 06-11-2013 at 05:21 PM.

  6. #6
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Z87 Extreme 6 BSOD: POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA (de)

    Intel removed IRST 12.6.0.1033 recently, and I had problems with it when using a RAID 0 volume for the OS drive. If my Haswell PC would BSOD, the RAID 0 volume would be corrupted and no longer boot. It could not be repaired by Windows. Installed Windows 8 three times using 12.6, and kept having the issue. Installed Windows 8 again with IRST 12.5, and no more problems.

    12.6 works fine with non-RAID drives, at least on Z77 boards, but Intel has removed 12.6 from all of their download pages. ASRock might want to do the same.

    You used IBT on Windows 8? I tried it and it immediately freezes. What version did you use, the one with "Agent God" in the name?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Z87 Extreme 6 BSOD: POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA (de)

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Intel removed IRST 12.6.0.1033 recently, and I had problems with it when using a RAID 0 volume for the OS drive. If my Haswell PC would BSOD, the RAID 0 volume would be corrupted and no longer boot. It could not be repaired by Windows. Installed Windows 8 three times using 12.6, and kept having the issue. Installed Windows 8 again with IRST 12.5, and no more problems.

    12.6 works fine with non-RAID drives, at least on Z77 boards, but Intel has removed 12.6 from all of their download pages. ASRock might want to do the same.

    You used IBT on Windows 8? I tried it and it immediately freezes. What version did you use, the one with "Agent God" in the name?
    I downloaded IBT from here: https://www.xgamingstudio.com/forum/...BurnTest-v2-54

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •