Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 2 different OS installations, same result for 3way sli configuration and single drives array.

GunnzAkimbo is offline Junior Member

Default 2 different OS installations, same result for 3way sli configuration and single drives array.

I have win7 x64 and win8 x64 installed using an X79 Extreme11 board.

3-way sli doesn't configure properly. It will assigned the 2nd card as the device with all the monitors plugged in.

See attached pic.

It's as if the pcie slots are not assigning properly during windows installation, and its the same with the hard drives, they are all over the place, nothing like the bios listing.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2 different OS installations, same result for 3way sli configuration and single drives array.-10-06-2013-12-37-17-pm-jpg 

GunnzAkimbo is offline Junior Member

Default Re: 2 different OS installations, same result for 3way sli configuration and single drives array.

Bump and,
    Someone on another forum said he had the same problem and it's something to do with the PLX chip.

I can see in device manager that the order of the cards is different to the ordinary pcie sequence.
    It's as if the pcie sequence has been messed around by the device driver.

eg; ordinary sequence goes 1,3,5
    My result is 3,1,5 according to the device order.
    Last edited by GunnzAkimbo; 07-07-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Thread Information