Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Unable to boot Win7 after installing OnBoard Gfx driver[Asrock H61M]

Default Unable to boot Win7 after installing OnBoard Gfx driver[Asrock H61M]

Here's a problem I got with the Onboard intel graphics driver

After installing it, Windows 7 won't boot. It loads the windows logo but freezes and won't load the os.
    The only way to make it work is restoring, and obviously getting the said graphic driver deleted.

So that I had to come back to Windows 7 but unfortunately just with the standard vga driver-

I also installed intel rapid start (utility and driver) before installing the graphic driver, but neither has worked.

[FONT=arial]I ran out of ideas, I have no clue what's preventing me from booting after installing the Intel graphics driver.

Could be that the driver got some kind of bug that the company would need to fix and update ?

The motherboard is an ASRock > H61M-DG3/USB3]Asrock H61M-DG3USB3

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

note: win8 has neither worked.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Unable to boot Win7 after installing OnBoard Gfx driver[Asrock H61M]

We need more information about your hardware and Windows installation before we can help you.

What CPU are you using?

Do you use a separate video card?

Is this a new Windows installation?

What version of the Intel VGA driver are you using?

Have you installed the INF driver ver:9.3.0.1021 and Intel Management Engine driver ver:8.1.0.1248 software?

I could go on and on, but all the missing information makes it very difficult to give help.

Default Re: Unable to boot Win7 after installing OnBoard Gfx driver[Asrock H61M]

Thanks parsec

CPU: Intel Pentium G2020 ivy

No separate video card. It's the onboard card driver that brings conflict.

I've installed the INF driver, as well as all the other drivers.

It's also the first windows installation.

Version of VGA driver? Well it's just the standard VGA generic that comes by default, but I can't use a proper resolution, i.e I can't use the pc on a 42 TV. Also, I can't make use of the Win Aereo.

I've tried many things and nothing has worked. It's really weird, I think it's either a physical problem that this motherboard comes with this issue, or either Asrock needs to update this driver.

The computer is working very well, except the said Intel Graphic Driver. A solution would be using an alternative graphic card, but why I should, since this motherboard is new and its onboard card should work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Syr0 View Post
    Thanks parsec

CPU: Intel Pentium G2020 ivy...
    Your Pentium G2020 Ivy Bridge CPU is NOT listed in your board's CPU Support List.

Only Sandy Bridge Pentium processors are listed. You're lucky that your PC works as well as it does.

You are using an Ivy Bridge CPU on a Sandy Bridge chipset board, which normally requires a BIOS update so the newer CPU will work correctly.

Wow, your board only has ONE BIOS version! That is a shame, support for your CPU might be able to be added with a BIOS update. I found that not all of Intel's own H61 boards can use the G2020, and the ones that do have special BIOS updates, to transition from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge CPUs.

I would not wait for a BIOS update for your board. You could try contacting ASRock support directly.

You're not missing much with the generic driver, or are you unable to select your monitor's native resolution?

If you can, try to return your CPU or your board, for an Ivy Bridge/7 series chipset board.

Thumbs up Re: Unable to boot Win7 after installing OnBoard Gfx driver[Asrock H61M]

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Your Pentium G2020 Ivy Bridge CPU is NOT listed in your board's CPU Support List.

Only Sandy Bridge Pentium processors are listed. You're lucky that your PC works as well as it does.

You are using an Ivy Bridge CPU on a Sandy Bridge chipset board, which normally requires a BIOS update so the newer CPU will work correctly.

Wow, your board only has ONE BIOS version! That is a shame, support for your CPU might be able to be added with a BIOS update. I found that not all of Intel's own H61 boards can use the G2020, and the ones that do have special BIOS updates, to transition from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge CPUs.

I would not wait for a BIOS update for your board. You could try contacting ASRock support directly.

You're not missing much with the generic driver, or are you unable to select your monitor's native resolution?

If you can, try to return your CPU or your board, for an Ivy Bridge/7 series chipset board.
    Oh, you're so right!

I should have taken care of that. I wasn't aware of it. I had heard about the sandy/ivy compatibilities.

Anyway I've already contacted ASRock support, and they said that this MB does support 3rd generation. However, as you said, the Intel Pentium G2020 Ivy bridge is not listed.

They linked me here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Def...ng=eng&ProdId=

I will try with other drivers, let's see if some non-original drivers works.

True, I'm lucky that everything else is working well except the graphic driver. But I'm really missing much with the generic driver, as I can't select my monitor's native res, plus I can't even see the whole screen. I can see about 95% of it.

Well, I will be waiting for some kind of BIOS update - I already asked ASRock for it. Or else I'll have to use an alternative PCI-e graphic card.

Thanks again, parsec
    Last edited by Syr0; 06-11-2013 at 07:34 PM.

You're welcome, and sorry for the bad news about your CPU.

I knew that you probably had a resolution problem with the generic, Microsoft driver.

If you are using a TV for a monitor, that can cause resolution issues, since a TV will not always have the same properties as a monitor. The other problem is you cannot get a specific driver file for the TV itself (not for the video source) which you can install for a monitor. Do you use a regular monitor too?

Have you tried setting the resolution in the Windows Display option? Are you using an HDMI cable from the PC to the TV?

Yes, I'm using a 23" (16:10) monitor with an RGB cable. It's got like 5 res. types which don't fit 100% with my monitor. The two highest resolutions don't work, it shows "out of range".

The highest resolution and the one that fits best is the medium one, 1024. But I'm missing a little part of the right side, right after the clock, I can see about 95% of the screen.
    If I use the lowest one, which works, I can only see about 50% of the screen.

Well, I'll try with some of the drivers listed here
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Def...ng=eng&ProdId=

Who knows, maybe a non original one will work. Otherwise that's it, either Asrock gives me a solution for this or I'll have to get a pci-e card :/ The desktop purpose is to be used for an office, that's why I'm not interested in using an alternative gfx card.

Thread Information