Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heat issues with cpu

Default Heat issues with cpu

I have been having issues since I installed my cpu inside my mobo hitting 60*c stock settings which is concerning. I have tried my h80 and the stock cpu fan and both give around the same temps.

I have one attachment which is the cpu settings

my computer specs are
    evga gtx 670 SC 4gb x2
    Kingston hyper x. 1600 MHz 16gb 8x2 ram
    corsair TX 850 power supply
    creative soundblaster zxr
    Intel 250 gB ssd
    2 TB Toshiba HD
    fx 8350 black edition
    windows home premium
    wd calvier blue 500 gb hard drive
    Attached Images Attached Images Heat issues with cpu-settings-jpg 

rebelyell is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Heat issues with cpu

hello,

Amd stock cpu fans are way to small and chincy .. I have the 4170fx (oc) 4.7 ghz and with heavy voltage increases. before I overclocked I had had the same issue also. the stck heat sink isn't nearly enough to do the job. if you have a decent size tower, I recommend the cooler master hyper 212 evo. it is highly rated and rather cheap w/ 4 heat sink tubes instead of the 2 tiny tubes and tiny fan that screams. I payed about 37 bucks from newegg.com or xoxide.com. they make in different styles 1 sticks straight out from mobo recommended or the flat laying one. I used to run even hotter than u. now while gamming hard it will only hit 120 f at max.. idle runs 107f 104f. also I see your other fans run rather slow. cooler master will fix your problems but you should also get more air flow inand out. fans are cheap usually 8 bucks on average and look for how much air they move look for 75 to 79 rated amounts of air flow.. in end cooler master will fix the issue.

rebelyell

Yeah Im using stock fans for my case but even when I was using my h80 I was getting the same temps which is what was bothering me because my 8150 was running a lot cooler than my 8350 and it was at 4.6 at 50-55c on average

ok when you put the 8350 in what type of thermal compound did you use. the best is arctic silver. did you clean up the cpu and heat sink well with rubbing alcohol? and only use about 1 grain of rice size amount of the compound and evenly spread it very thin. to much is bad. to little is bad.
    also it is possible the cpu was bent some in shipping or manufacturing ive heard of that happening. you may want to look at that also.
    Last edited by rebelyell; 06-13-2013 at 08:34 AM.

I did use rubbing alcohol to clean the cpu and I did use a rice sized ball of arctic silver 5 compound when I got the cpu I checked to see if their were any bent pins and their weren't any which is why it's been bothering me because I would really like to be able to overclock this cpu some

maybe my mobo is bad or something because the mobo temps were hitting 50c during gaming as you can see in the picture

ok ilooked at the reviews on the h80 if you were running 50 55c with the other cpu it sounds like you have a issue of a closed case or not enough air moving thru your desktop. its recycling the hot air. the 835 will process more which makes more heat so it just compiled the underlaying issue.. try opening the case and run for awhile and check temps.

I ran the same temps with stock fan and mobo temps same to. I put a small 80mm fan oback side of mobo and it cools back side awesome..open the case and run and check temps
    Last edited by rebelyell; 06-13-2013 at 08:55 AM.

also you wont be able visabaley see any bent or unflat surfaces with the naked eye. just so you know.. quiet honestly by looking at the chassis fans speeds and cpu it looks like a simple air flow issue. with the h80 with the old cpu should have run much cooler but didn't ... air fow. air flow...hold a piece if paper and see which way the air is moving all around in an out of pc..you need better chassis fans and or modify the chassis to be more open. screen can b bought on xoxide.com . but check the temps when u run with the case open if it drops then its the air flow ...
    Last edited by rebelyell; 06-13-2013 at 09:12 AM.

well the thing is im running a haf x case which lets the heat go outside naturally

if you over tightend the cooler screws it will warp the mobo a little which isn't good either check into all this I hope it helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information